Too many draws?

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We probably stand a better chance of closing down villa than we did on closing down Burnley back in 13/14 season.

This team has not been as good technically as that team of 4 years ago but they are hard to beat and pick up points eventhough we often get battered on an off day.

I would rather be the hunter than the hunted. We just have to keep getting results and hope Villa slip up. They will slip at some point we just have to capitalise.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

When you tell me why I should, rather than evading answering.

Already said, you don’t rate Rowett. That’s twice in 3 posts. For about 23467 time (I may have exaggerated) who’d you prefer.....

Weve been out of sorts since xmas without losing. Thorne and Lawrence not quite up to pace and Ledley has been out with injury. With so many games left and our ability to keep clean sheets 2nd place is still achievable and no doubt will continue to change unless some one hits a winning streak. Even games against lower teams will become  more difficult as they strive to avoid relegation, look at Sunderland and Burton yesterday. We have the quality and experience to continue previous performances starting with weds on tues. Norwich was never going to be easy and they will continue to take points from others, despite a poor performance they couldn't score in open play and we took a point. The team needs a bit of a shake up ,would like to see Nugent start , Ledley on for Thorne and Lawrence rested . We are doing well expectations have grown  but need to kept realistic. If we cant win  or are playing poor at least get some thing out of the game and that is what we have done..Well done Hudds and Scotty on sat sublime performances roll on Tues.

The home draws are really frustrating but there’s 15 games to go, plenty can and will change. But we need to get better at home.

I know it’s our style to sit back, soak up pressure then hit on the counter but we’ve let some big teams come to PP and absolutely dominate us, and I’m not talking just about possession.

When you let teams like Sheff Utd. and Norwich, who aren’t as solid as us but have a lot of flair in midfield where we don’t, come in and boss proceedings like it’s a home fixture for them, you’re asking for trouble. I’ve not got problems with defensive tactics if they work but yesterday was another example of us just not showing enough aggression or fight. We let them pummel us.

And it’s not a case of ‘well, these performances happen, onto next week’ because it’s happening time and time again, in crucial games. This isn’t a team aiming for the top 6 anymore, a team in the top 2 needs to finish off games when they get ahead. There shouldn’t be such a thing as a good point at home.

Teams know it’s a hard place to come but we go from imposing ourselves in the first half to just letting them have their own way in the second. We’re not trying to disrupt opposition teams enough. I don’t think the shape helps, particularly when our 10 isn’t dropping to pick up the ball effectively but the players need to be braver. The pressing just dies off in the second half.

The second half consists of us not threatening their goal and having the ball bounce back to heap more pressure onto us. Then when they eventually score, Vydra’s already been taken off and the person involved in over 40% of our goals is absent. The amount of times you see our attacking play consist of balls down the flanks for Jerome/Nuge to run onto is too often considering how ineffective it actually is.

I’ve bigged up the Thorne/Huddlestone combo a lot (works great in the first half) but we noticeably missed Ledley yesterday. We also live and die by Vydra, who tends to go missing in the second half at home, mainly because we’re just not giving him good enough opportunities to get a killer goal.

Hopefully Norwich is the last time we see it happen, Rowett and the squad must know full well that our home form needs to improve. We’ve got another gear, you could see that from the first 20 minutes against Norwich, we just need to find it.

2 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

I dunt reckon villa will lose again 

They will lose next week against Fulham, think being down the pit has destroyed your brain cells, course Villa will lose again, it's the championship, and second place is still on for the likes of Derby, Villa, Cardiff and Fulham, plenty of twists and turns yet, 15 games is nearly a third of the season left, so let's not start giving up, because we are 1 point behind 2nd place.

Villa will lose games this season - of course they will..seen them a few times and they are not any better than us - they have been getting the breaks at times, the confidence of a string of wins - but it always turns...especially when they are not that great a side - I still see them as being very fragile once this run ends..

1 minute ago, Owd miner said:

I reckon yours has too pal cause if you really think we are good enough to go up then ill book thee In at doctors when i go 

Yes we are good enough to go up, do you spend a lot of time at the docs, because seems you do not spend to much time watching football, 2 defeats in 23 games and you say we are not good enough to go up, you are a joke mate, we might not go up, but coming on here and saying Villa will not lose another game, shows me you have NO clue about football, your last 2 posts are ridiculous, now get yourself booked in for a full check up.

Archived