Macdonald (Barrow) & Stabana (Tamworth) out on loan

David

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both played well on Sunday v Manchester United (McDonald coming on as sub.)

I read on here that Barrow wanted McDonald to go back to them - he was there earlier in the season, I think.

Our under 23s looking increasingly thin on the ground, though. I checked the ages of the players after the Man U game and the oldest was 21, most 18, 19, 20. I hope they can keep going as I would really love us to keep our PL2 place.

Good luck to them both - Rams on tour!

Gary Rowett's scheme to find out if any of the young players are any good.

Is the message? - time to push on lads or push out.

Next phase - bring some guys in to fill the spaces left by those who are not going to cut the mustard.

This looks like Rowett's Academy Revolution. 

I have always thought that top young players who make it big are always one or two years ahead of everyone else.

Luke Thomas being the best example that we have

TobyWanKenobi

Why is this in "Transfer Talk"? I thought people moaned about having loan discussion here, even though it's the sensible place for it...

Seriously though shame they are going out to teams so low down the pyramid. :( Not a good omen.

22 hours ago, Rampage said:

Next phase - bring some guys in to fill the spaces left by those who are not going to cut the mustard.

I have always thought that top young players who make it big are always one or two years ahead of everyone else.

Obviously not remotely close to ever being a pro but depending on the position and player, there seem to be some things only competitive league football seem to teach, situational intelligence...

On 09/02/2018 at 17:24, Rampage said:

Rampage yes think your right Rowett  some of those who out on lian tgoyugh are not even getting a game Yes Thomas looks good but nowhere near Elsnik the one who I've been impressed with when I've been to the Under23 is Bogle for a 17 year old he's a very exciting attacking right back 

33 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Rampage yes think your right Rowett  some of those who out on lian tgoyugh are not even getting a game Yes Thomas looks good but nowhere near Elsnik the one who I've been impressed with when I've been to the Under23 is Bogle for a 17 year old he's a very exciting attacking right back 

St George's is too far for me, Mistaram. I used to go regularly to the academy games. I have got RamsTV now so I can see the games plus everything else for £5 a month. I used to watch Coutts years ago and always thought that he could play in the Championship, which he does. Sometimes you have to just put them in the first team but this cannot happen when we are second in this division but we could in already lost games in the premiership!!!!

11 hours ago, Rampage said:

St George's is too far for me, Mistaram. I used to go regularly to the academy games. I have got RamsTV now so I can see the games plus everything else for £5 a month. I used to watch Coutts years ago and always thought that he could play in the Championship, which he does. Sometimes you have to just put them in the first team but this cannot happen when we are second in this division but we could in already lost games in the premiership!!!!

Are you trying to suggest Coutts came through our academy? :blink:

Archived