England World Cup kit

Andicis

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah looks ok. A lot of effort for something thats only going to be worn 3 times mind :)

Yeah but.....I'm yours
She's mine
Two's company
But three have a better time
We've got a mountain to climb
We're going to have a good time
And it isn't a crime..........C'mon England!

4 times perhaps?

1 minute ago, David said:

Don’t see how it’s horrible, very basic which is standard for Nike. Expect it will be a template used for several countries.

Nice to see the return of white socks, never looked right with red.

Can’t wait to see a moody arty selfie of you wearing yours with pride. Don’t forget the quirky angle though. 

X

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah looks ok. A lot of effort for something thats only going to be worn 3 times mind :)

Could even be just twice. Tunisia play in white, and they've been designated as the 'home' team in our first World Cup game. In order to shift more kits, there will be pressure on England to use the away strip too so my bet is we'll open the campaign using the away kit.

5 hours ago, caymanram said:

Never ceases to amaze me this..... our flag is friggin RED and white. Why can’t we just settle to play in the red shirts/white shorts a la 1966 final. The original and best.

there is even blue on the England rugby shirt again, this year

9 hours ago, caymanram said:

Never ceases to amaze me this..... our flag is friggin RED and white. Why can’t we just settle to play in the red shirts/white shorts a la 1966 final. The original and best.

Probably more white on the flag than red.......anyway White or Red.......I choose white every time.

24fxx5l.jpg

7 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Italy ?? is the one I can’t work out, their flag is green white and red but they play in blue and white. No doubt there’s a reason for it but it’s just one of those trivial conundrums I haven’t got to the bottom of yet.

Blue was the colour of the House of Savoy (A level Italian Unification anyone!), which ruled Italy until the republic was formed post WWII when the tricolore was introduced. In a similar vain the Netherlands play in orange after The House of Orange.

Another shirt thingy from Italy, they would not allow a sponsors logo on their shirts until 2002 so all matches played were in a plain shirt although the replicas did have the sponsors logo on.

On 2/8/2018 at 08:01, Mick Harford said:

Blue was the colour of the House of Savoy (A level Italian Unification anyone!), which ruled Italy until the republic was formed post WWII when the tricolore was introduced. In a similar vain the Netherlands play in orange after The House of Orange.

Another shirt thingy from Italy, they would not allow a sponsors logo on their shirts until 2002 so all matches played were in a plain shirt although the replicas did have the sponsors logo on.

I might be alone in this but in truth I liked the plain old shirts - minus sposnor’s logos - much more.....

Archived