Derby V Carlisle 1974/75

perthblue

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the final game was against Carlisle and it might well have been called off given the state of our team.  Carlisle had been relegated and we spent most of the time cheering them on, we were awful; those without hangovers were still pi55ed.  Anyway; we are the Champions, we are the champions etc etc

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Was there and remember Alan Hinton seemed to be the only one who was trying, with the rest of them maybe having had some nights out in the run up to celebrate our second League Title. What amazing days. No programme to show for it sorry!

a very late night in the pothole allestree followed by a even later night at Bailey's.oh yes.those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end or so the chant went

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Was a boring 0-0 and didnt carlisle hit the post? If I have a programme it is buried under 40 odd years of other stuff. 

Yep, terrible game but we were champions and I still remember sat on the train back to Cheltenham clutching a wedge of the  BBG  pitch. Ok, a lump of earth with 3 blades of grass??. Still going strong in the back garden of my folks house. Sorry, no spare copy of the programme though.

Archived