SpaceX

Day

On 07/02/2018 at 08:13, JoetheRam said:

Great to watch, the science is superb, but forgive me if I'm wrong - won't this just be used by the US military to throw up ever more advanced satellites for their own projects, further contributing to the space debris problem?

Exactly what I thought, love seeing the photographs and the likes and the engineering involved is out of this world BUT why throw a car up there because you find it funny? Not only do we fill our land and oceans full of *****, we're putting it in space...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

if you do, do i get a discount for cash ? :lol:

It was a tricky job mate.

Once I'd got started I could see some cowboy had been on the job before me, I've had to strip out all the previous wiring and start from scratch.

Gawd knows what trading standards would say, luckily I've sorted it all out.

Unfortunately, your bill has gone up slightly from the estimate, but £500 to £500000000 million is the best I can do.

Cash or Cheque, eithers fine with me squire.

46 minutes ago, PrivateDerby said:

Exactly what I thought, love seeing the photographs and the likes and the engineering involved is out of this world BUT why throw a car up there because you find it funny? Not only do we fill our land and oceans full of *****, we're putting it in space...

It’ll be a while before we fill up space though. There is rather a lot of it. 

4 hours ago, PrivateDerby said:

They already have a project going where they are going to go in to space and clean up the place. Don’t worry Elon has it all covered. 

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Wish he was intelligent enough to convince very rich people to clean up the earth.

I would’ve thought that’s the priority. All for what Musk is doing, it’s great. And I suppose Tesla is his way of cleaning up the Earth a bit. But there’s a lot of space in space, so cleaning it up isn’t really a priority. Any **** up there will eventually just end up in the centre of the sun, where it won’t do anyone any harm. Any **** down here ends up in our oceans. 

12 hours ago, reveldevil said:

It was a tricky job mate.

Once I'd got started I could see some cowboy had been on the job before me, I've had to strip out all the previous wiring and start from scratch.

Gawd knows what trading standards would say, luckily I've sorted it all out.

Unfortunately, your bill has gone up slightly from the estimate, but £500 to £500000000 million is the best I can do.

Cash or Cheque, eithers fine with me squire.

And dont forget all the mess they will leave behind after, and somehow make a mess of all the other planets in the solar system even though they should have had no reason to be stepping foot anywhere near them.

They will be cleaning up muddy footprints left behind for a longtime.

And the time it was supposed to take too, '3 days mate' i'll be there at 8.30 on monday, 12.30 comes on monday and still no sign, then they turn up spend half an hour parked at the asteroid belt on the phone before casually making an appearance, then its lunch time, drop in do a bit of work, a few more calls then off at 4.00pm. Still here the following monday, scooting off early or appearing late.

Ive also got the neighbours over at alpha centuri giving me daggers cause they have walked over their lawn a few times and blocked their millenium falcon in more than once.

Then when they have done, there is that bit around the moons they have forgot to do, and im ringing them asking when will they do it,' i'll be there tomorrow mate', and again and again, till i do it myself or get someone else to do it.

8 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

And dont forget all the mess they will leave behind after, and somehow make a mess of all the other planets in the solar system even though they should have had no reason to be stepping foot anywhere near them.

They will be cleaning up muddy footprints left behind for a longtime.

And the time it was supposed to take too, '3 days mate' i'll be there at 8.30 on monday, 12.30 comes on monday and still no sign, then they turn up spend half an hour parked at the asteroid belt on the phone before casually making an appearance, then its lunch time, drop in do a bit of work, a few more calls then off at 4.00pm. Still here the following monday, scooting off early or appearing late.

Ive also got the neighbours over at alpha centuri giving me daggers cause they have walked over their lawn a few times and blocked their millenium falcon in more than once.

Then when they have done, there is that bit around the moons they have forgot to do, and im ringing them asking when will they do it,' i'll be there tomorrow mate', and again and again, till i do it myself or get someone else to do it.

Recent bad experience with builders at all?

Just now, TigerTedd said:

Recent bad experience with builders at all?

Its pretty much every time I have something done.

Plumbers, builders, roofers, kitchen fitters etc.

The neighbours one to be fair has happened to me more than once when someone having work done next door and the people doing the work think its ok to use your land as an extension when doing the work.

Its ok if they come ask you and clean up after, but that rarely happens.

Archived