By the time we play Leeds...

gccrowdpleaser

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Two things......

the grass being greener comment..... he was SACKED by us....I will repeat that he was SACKED by us he didn’t quit to go to Newcastle so your grass being greener comment is totally irrelevant 

Secondly name me one team that he has ruined and the phrase “he’ll be the end of them” could genuinely have been said..? None, exactly. 

I’m not massive Stevie fan but do recognize that he was the best manager we have had since Billy

wrong Gary Rowett is

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Mcclaren was indirectly a Christensen guest at the game ... and he’s not in the running for Leeds. Boo!  :(

Figured after they made laughing stocks of themselves with the Gaviscon What’s the Time? badge they they could better it, but no such luck here ... Afraid to take a chance Leeds, let’s face it you’re very boring

55 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Two things......

the grass being greener comment..... he was SACKED by us....I will repeat that he was SACKED by us he didn’t quit to go to Newcastle so your grass being greener comment is totally irrelevant 

Secondly name me one team that he has ruined and the phrase “he’ll be the end of them” could genuinely have been said..? None, exactly. 

I’m not massive Stevie fan but do recognize that he was the best manager we have had since Billy

You are right of course about Mac being sacked BUT he did appear to have a roving eye in Newcastle's direction. Put it this way.......Imagine your girlfriend started eying up another fellah. You question her about it and she sort of denies it but doesn't sound very convincing. All of a sudden the relationship is not the same. Do you continue with her longer term of do you move on? Mel moved on and so sacked Steve. Funnily enough in the scenario I painted she ended up with the other fellah! 

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Two things......

He sacked himself with his arrogance and deceit over the Newcastle job  Why did he never go for unfair dismissal

1 hour ago, Mistaram said:

He sacked himself with his arrogance and deceit over the Newcastle job  Why did he never go for unfair dismissal

how many times does this get brought up...? He was sacked by Derby County Football Club after he repeatedly denied that he wanted to go to Newcastle and repeatedly said he wanted to stay at Derby County Football Club.... He didn't got for unfair dismissal because we hired him back before he had time to! ha ha....

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You are right of course about Mac being sacked BUT he did appear to have a roving eye in Newcastle's direction. Put it this way.......Imagine your girlfriend started eying up another fellah. You question her about it and she sort of denies it but doesn't sound very convincing. All of a sudden the relationship is not the same. Do you continue with her longer term of do you move on? Mel moved on and so sacked Steve. Funnily enough in the scenario I painted she ended up with the other fellah! 

How many times do we have to have Ground Hog day on this, SM publicly said he was staying at Derby, end of....

7 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Maybe it’s time for a female appointment. 

I hear Sharon Dongcart is available...

Could she cart her dong there ?

13 hours ago, Ninos said:

Best manager? Here we go again. 

Watching Mac bomb at Newcastle was extremely entertaining for most Derby supporters. Grass not so green for him was it? I do not have any great desire to see him Leeds or both succeed, but I would find much entertainment value in seeing them paired together. He really is their best bet for dramatic failure. That’s not attention seeking that’s just what will happen. Wouldn’t wish it on Notts Co or Burton but Leeds, oh yeah. Don’t think they’d be daft enough to get him but I hope they do. He’ll be the end of them. 

I don't really see anything in here that makes your point. I don't recall asserting that he was Newcastle's best manager in recent years. I couldn't care less about his time at newcastle. When he was here, especially in his first season, he guided us through the most entertaining season we've had in a long time. The data, including ticket sales, supports this overwhelmingly.

Tbh I'm hoping we're the Burnley/Middlesbrough side when we come up against them; that one side that even Mac's free flowing football couldn't break down.

I genuinely believe we're a stronger side now than at any single point under McClaren but that isn't me Mac-bashing, it's due to the way the team is currently organised and structured. Mac for all his qualities, couldn't organise a defence to save his life. In stark contrast, Rowett has assembled one of the most rigid, formidable defence's we've seen at the club in recent years. They say a good team is built from the back, the one safety I took from Mac's style of play was that we would most likely be able to outscore the opposition but it's far more reassuring with the current setup to know we don't need to and that 1 goal may be enough...

...... they will:

A:      still have a caretaker manager

B:      have appointed a new manager

C:      have had two more managers

D:      have released details of their new 'new badge'

E:      amended (by replacing the word 'love' for 'hate') and adopted the following as their 'club song', 'We all hate Leeds.........

Archived