Huddz

Millenniumram

22 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Indeed. Like the captain on the bridge steering the ship. I thought we were notably stronger like the insertion of a iron girder when Ledley came on which surprised me...is Ledley that much better than Thorne? 

I'm not sure he's that much better in a general sense but Ledley for me is just fantastic defensively. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player at this level spot danger and close out space in midfield as well as Ledley does. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s an interesting one really because I wouldn’t say Thorne was particularly poor, yet it was evident we needed ledley on to shore the midfield up. Think to be honest it was more just in this specific game Brentford had very fast midfielders so having the two battleships in there together when they were chasing it would have been suicide. I’d say Thornes role has changed however, he’s no longer playing the distribution role with Huddlestone having made that his own- when he plays he does ledleys sort of unassuming role of keeping possession and breaking play up. Think that’s why he now appears to sometimes be having less impact on the game but still not playing poorly like today- it’s just the nature of the role, and with that role done properly Huddlestone becomes free, and when free he can tear any defence apart with a single ball. 

Like the one to Lawrence for the second. 

17 hours ago, Doodle said:

Best player on the pitch for 3 games running. Also doing the work for 2 for 3 games running. Get Ledley back along side him. He can’t keep carrying Thorne 

Huddlestone is excelling in the role that would suit Thorne best, so it probably has the effect of making GT look average. Ledley is the best partner in the middle with Tom. Time will tell if George is to get back to his best. If he does, no doubt he would be pushing Tom all the way. 

I thought both George and Tom started very cautiously, taking the easy sideways/backwards pass first. When they went down to 10 that opened up a massive amount of space and Huddlestone really excelled in it, spreading it every way possible. The ball over the top to Lawrence for our second goal was almost a carbon copy of an in form Thorne vs Forest in the 5-0 Forest game, to Paddy Bamford who won the pen from it. 

George needs some confidence and a fair few more games under his belt with the look of it. We probably haven't got the time or margin for error to carry him like this unfortunately, he's pretty much done after 60/65 minutes every game. Joe Ledley all day for me. 

1 hour ago, europia said:

Huddlestone is excelling in the role that would suit Thorne best, so it probably has the effect of making GT look average. Ledley is the best partner in the middle with Tom. Time will tell if George is to get back to his best. If he does, no doubt he would be pushing Tom all the way. 

His best pre injuries was better than Toms best in my opinion. He s got a long way to go to catch him up now though 

On 03/02/2018 at 18:15, Doodle said:

Best player on the pitch for 3 games running. Also doing the work for 2 for 3 games running. Get Ledley back along side him. He can’t keep carrying Thorne 

Thorne was being man-marked by Romain Sawyers, which effectively freed Huddlestone up

George is most certainly not at his best level at this point , do we play him in the belief that he is a better player alongside hudds once/ if he reaches his past form so keep giving him game time to hopefully get him up to that level , do we put Ledley back in or do we select games that we feel Thorne will not be too exposed whilst he is working towards reaching his past levels ,,, it’s a tough one for the manager to get right and a bit of a damned if you do damned if you don’t situation 

have also noticed Gary being a bit defensive about his teams being labled boring , bit of a shame that he is doing a fantastic job for us but still feels criticised 

Archived