Huddz

Millenniumram

Came in for some criticism (possibly rightly so) early on in the season for some of his performances, but I think it’s time we had a bit of appreciation for some of his phenomenal performances in the last couple of months. Absolutely sublime again today, ran the show- albeit made easier by the red. Couldn’t be happier to score his first goal either! I know a few doubted the signing but I hope every can see what he was brought in to do now, he’s still got the class of a level above imo. The way he reads what’s going on around him and manages to dig out some of those 40 yard balls is brilliant to watch! Bargain at 2 mil imo, if we go up he’s been an integral part.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

It's about time he scored a goal for us.

I remember he scored against us for Wolves when Spurs sent him out on loan after we sold him.

Yes.. 1 goal in about a hundred or more games for us. But he is a very good player.

44 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Best player on the pitch for 3 games running. Also doing the work for 2 for 3 games running. Get Ledley back along side him. He can’t keep carrying Thorne 

Ledley and Huddlestone are the best pairing at the moment,I hate to say it but even George’s passing was off today and he looks like he’s running in treacle.

16 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Ledley and Huddlestone are the best pairing at the moment,I hate to say it but even George’s passing was off today and he looks like he’s running in treacle.

He's always looked like he's running in treacle. It's just the way he carries himself. 

7 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

He's always looked like he's running in treacle. It's just the way he carries himself. 

Not in 13/14 when he looked lean and mobile.

He looks a lot bigger now, and he had the horizontal hoop and swimming bands to contend with in 13/14 that should have made him look fatter and yet he still looked thinner.

35 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

He’s never looked this slow and my biggest worry is his passing seems to be off to,got no problem with George getting minutes but if Ledley is fit he should play in front of George.

Early in the the season he looked off the pace, but the last 3 months he has been excellent, the range of his passing is the best in this division without a doubt, also reads the game well, has a footballing brain and you can see that he could still do a very good job in the prem, if he can keep this form up to the end of the season, we have a excellent chance of getting to the prem, he showed today why he got those England caps, and why Rednapp rated him the best passer of the ball he has ever seen.

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Early in the the season he looked off the pace, but the last 3 months he has been excellent, the range of his passing is the best in this division without a doubt, also reads the game well, has a footballing brain and you can see that he could still do a very good job in the prem, if he can keep this form up to the end of the season, we have a excellent chance of getting to the prem, he showed today why he got those England caps, and why Rednapp rated him the best passer of the ball he has ever seen.

He has only looked poor when he has had Butterfield or Johnson for company so well done to ledley and thorne

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Came in for some criticism (possibly rightly so) early on in the season for some of his performances, but I think it’s time we had a bit of appreciation for some of his phenomenal performances in the last couple of months. Absolutely sublime again today, ran the show- albeit made easier by the red. Couldn’t be happier to score his first goal either! I know a few doubted the signing but I hope every can see what he was brought in to do now, he’s still got the class of a level above imo. The way he reads what’s going on around him and manages to dig out some of those 40 yard balls is brilliant to watch! Bargain at 2 mil imo, if we go up he’s been an integral part.

Indeed. Like the captain on the bridge steering the ship. I thought we were notably stronger like the insertion of a iron girder when Ledley came on which surprised me...is Ledley that much better than Thorne? 

11 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Indeed. Like the captain on the bridge steering the ship. I thought we were notably stronger like the insertion of a iron girder when Ledley came on which surprised me...is Ledley that much better than Thorne? 

It’s an interesting one really because I wouldn’t say Thorne was particularly poor, yet it was evident we needed ledley on to shore the midfield up. Think to be honest it was more just in this specific game Brentford had very fast midfielders so having the two battleships in there together when they were chasing it would have been suicide. I’d say Thornes role has changed however, he’s no longer playing the distribution role with Huddlestone having made that his own- when he plays he does ledleys sort of unassuming role of keeping possession and breaking play up. Think that’s why he now appears to sometimes be having less impact on the game but still not playing poorly like today- it’s just the nature of the role, and with that role done properly Huddlestone becomes free, and when free he can tear any defence apart with a single ball. 

Archived