Virgin Media V6 Box Free upgrade

Wolfie

On 02/02/2018 at 08:48, Wolfie said:

Apparently I'll be able to move my old Tivo to the bedroom and watch both old & new recordings across both boxes in both locations, as long as I connect the old box to the hub. The Tivo is consistently 60-70% full and I didn't want to lose anything.

It now transpires that this isn't possible. VM's literature said that it would be straight forward but it turns out you need a VM coax cable installed in the second location and multi-room subscription for it to work - which it very clearly does not say & there are loads of complaint posts on their forums about it being misleading.

Anyway, once I'd got set up with the new V6 box & Superhub 3, I noticed that most of what I had stored on the old Tivo hard drive is available either via box sets or catch-up, so is no big deal I suppose.

The V6 is light years ahead of Tivo for performance and I'm now able to get decent Wifi coverage in the garden without needing an extender, so am happy with it over all.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

The V6 is light years ahead of Tivo for performance and I'm now able to get decent Wifi coverage in the garden without needing an extender, so am happy with it over all.

Happy with it here too. I've had the V6 and sh3 for about three weeks. No issues so far. And....... despite the horrendous reviews of the Virgin Go app, I've already tried it a few times when away from home, and it's worked absolutely perfectly. 

Archived