Derby County v Brentford F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want to see Rowett's persistence with Thorne to show fruit today. I absolutely adore the guy, as we all do - but the last two games have been two of his worst imo, he needs to hit that rhythm and confidence we know he's capable of.

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Fozzy and Nuge dropped, I think Weimann would've been ahead of Anya but for his family reasons

Congrats to the Weimanns. How things have changed, Cloughie would have delivered the baby in the old days while Andi got a good nights sleep ready for the game.;)

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Who’d have thought Anya would ever start again:lol:

One thought I've bandied around is that I think Anya  (particularly on the right) could prove to be far more effective than we've seen him before. 

His pace and ability to hug the touchline gives Rowett an option to really stretch the game. Also, whilst I've been very critical of Anya's delivery  (and his seeming want to just chip in a lofty cross no matter what) it could prove a lot more fruitful with a battering ram like Jerome in the box. 

Will be interesting to see how it plays out today.

3 hours ago, jono said:

Something weird and amazing happening today. My adorable partner and wife of 25 years, who has never been close to a football ground (not for religious reasons, it's just she's more of a face cream sort of  girl than A lover of the beautiful game ) has decided as a birthday present to come to the game with me. .....I am going to have to brush up my mansplaining. But at least she can recite the offside rule :D:blink:

come on you Rams . 

Was that you with your good lady in The Brunswick jono? I ask only as a gentlemen was shepherding (what else?) his partner around the joint. I thought she’s new to this scene :)

TobyWanKenobi

Like the team today. Not sure why Palmer isn't in the side though. Not a lot of point in bringing him in to warm the bench, should have got someone else in if that's his place.

Just now, TobyWanKenobi said:

Like the team today. Not sure why Palmer isn't in the side though. Not a lot of point in bringing him in to warm the bench, should have got someone else in if that's his place.

I'm sure he will be starting in the not so distant future. We don't have to chuck him straight in from the beginning, give him a bit of time in training to get to know the squad before putting them in from the start. Jerome was on the bench twice and is now finally starting for the first time, Lawrence had to sit on the bench for a few games to begin with too. Palmer won't have been signed to simply make up the numbers.

TobyWanKenobi
2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I'm sure he will be starting in the not so distant future. We don't have to chuck him straight in from the beginning, give him a bit of time in training to get to know the squad before putting them in from the start. Jerome was on the bench twice and is now finally starting for the first time, Lawrence had to sit on the bench for a few games to begin with too. Palmer won't have been signed to simply make up the numbers.

Lawrence would have been the player I'd have dropped for him. Been pretty apathetic lately.

9 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Took ages for thorne to start when we signed him.

Archived