Derby County v Brentford F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the Anya some on here saw.

Sure he's a willing runner but that's about it. No end product. 

Good three points even if a bit sloppy second half.  Jerome looks a proper target man.

Fair play to Brentford.  They passed the ball well and didn't give up..

3 hours ago, SKRam said:

Was that you with your good lady in The Brunswick jono? I ask only as a gentlemen was shepherding (what else?) his partner around the joint. I thought she’s new to this scene :)

It wasn't mate,  It was a monster wind up. She bought the extra ticket and gave it to me in bed with my birthday . ....Cup of tea....      Then my Nephew turned up from Luton to go to the game with me.    :thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I didn't see the Anya some on here saw.

Sure he's a willing runner but that's about it. No end product. 

Good three points even if a bit sloppy second half.  Jerome looks a proper target man.

Fair play to Brentford.  They passed the ball well and didn't give up..

Thought he was excellent today.

Typical Derby County performance and result. Didn't play that well but got the job done with ease. 

The good:

Vydra played well, deserved his goal. Huddlestone was epic. Our left side of Olssen and Anya were our best outlet going forward, impressed with both after being drafted in from the cold. Back 5 solid again, didn't think we were lucky to not concede, just lucky to have Scott Carson in goals. Debut goal for Jerome who battled well up top. 

The bad:

Really slow start again which gave Brentford a platform to start building from. Thorne still looks a million miles off it. Wisdom going forward was poor, as was Lawrence again. Obviously we should stick with him and not get on his back but he's a passenger and has been for a while. Hope he can show us some quality sooner rather than later. 

Bring on Norwich, same again with a few tweaked performances please. 

Good win. Not sparkling but vydra excellent.

the sending off changed the game, despite the ref not giving a penalty for the foul on vydra only seconds later.

composed finishes for the goals.

pleasing to see Ledley back on the pitch. 

3 goals conceded in 14 games. Only one from open play. Amazing.

Just got home. Cold but happy with the 3 points. Scores on the doors as follows

Carson 7. 2 decent saves 2 nd half but generally just resting up for Russia

Olsen. 7 did well going forward but didn’t have enough to do defensively to judge. Massive improvement on Forsyth 

Keogh/ Davis 8. Best centre back pairing for many a year. Should both be playing in the prem 

wisdom 7. See Olsen post

Hudds 9. Oozes class

Thorne 6 upsetting to see him struggle so much 

Anya 8 Must be a reason we don’t know about as to why he hasn’t been playing 

Lawrance 7. Bit controversial, because he probably made more mistakes than most. But today I felt he kept going and kept trying to make things happen. We have no choice other than to play him now so fingers crossed it comes good 

Vydra 7 played well apart from “ that miss” glad he got the penalty. He seems to thrive on confidence 

jerome 7 going to be vital on the run in 

Gary 7. 9 for 1st half team selection but only 5 for 2 nd. We didn’t need 4 defenders and 2 CDM against a poor team with only 10 men. By his own admission we signed a player who isn’t match fit. Why not give him at least 30 mins to try and gain match fitness? 

7 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Just got home. Cold but happy with the 3 points. Scores on the doors as follows

Carson 7. 2 decent saves 2 nd half but generally just resting up for Russia

Olsen. 7 did well going forward but didn’t have enough to do defensively to judge. Massive improvement on Forsyth 

Keogh/ Davis 8. Best centre back pairing for many a year. Should both be playing in the prem 

wisdom 7. See Olsen post

Hudds 9. Oozes class

Thorne 6 upsetting to see him struggle so much 

Anya 8 Must be a reason we don’t know about as to why he hasn’t been playing 

Lawrance 7. Bit controversial, because he probably made more mistakes than most. But today I felt he kept going and kept trying to make things happen. We have no choice other than to play him now so fingers crossed it comes good 

Vydra 7 played well apart from “ that miss” glad he got the penalty. He seems to thrive on confidence 

jerome 7 going to be vital on the run in 

Gary 7. 9 for 1st half team selection but only 5 for 2 nd. We didn’t need 4 defenders and 2 CDM against a poor team with only 10 men. By his own admission we signed a player who isn’t match fit. Why not give him at least 30 mins to try and gain match fitness? 

but why change it? The team would take time to adjust, risking throwing it all away.

Cameron Jerome was like a prime Chris Martin today, brilliant number 9 performance that was. Stunning by Huddlestone and Vydra as well who both deserved their goals. Shame Lawrence is still struggling but think people need to get off his back, it ain’t really helping. Anya looked pretty decent on his return and Olsson was much better in Possession than Forsyth has been as well! Just need to keep this going now since no one around us is slipping up, this is where we’ve bottled it so many times before so let’s make this time different, COYR!

7 hours ago, archram said:

Have just got back from a week in the Canaries and it rained nearly all week! I could do with a win to cheer me up - mind you, it’s a nice change watching english rain instead of spanish!

Weather can be unpredictable at this time  of year mate in the Canaries  

Good win today though should cheer you up 

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

but why change it? The team would take time to adjust, risking throwing it all away.

How could we throw it away?  They were happy to keep the score down. Never going to be a better chance to get him on with no pressure 

Thought Vydra was absolutely quality today, both with and without the ball. Comfortable man  of the match performance today and pleased he got the goal at the end. Never seen him work so hard defensively. 

Jerome played well. Held the ball up much more than I thought he would. We struggled to adapt when we took him off and carried on playing like he was still there when Winnall was on, who I thought was pretty poor (again) other than the touch to win the penalty. 

Looked a sending off all day to me in real time. 2 footed lunge, despite getting the ball, always gets you sent off these days. Thought Bjellend was pretty lucky with the cynical, high slide on Vydra second half too. 

Not sure about Lawrence on the right, he looked like he had to over think everything and it wasn’t as natural. Probably didn’t help with all the groans every time  he gets something slightly wrong. The type of player he is, he needs licence to try things and make mistakes. 

Archived