Derby County v Brentford F.C.

Boycie

3 minutes ago, SWRam said:

lets hope we play 10 men every week. Otherwise it was a piss poor transfer window!

I said a few days ago that the players who got us into second place should have the opportunity to finish the job. They were good enough before January, weren't they?

Or are you one of those people who think that a player's price tag is the sole indication of their quality?

I should imagine that Cameron Jerome was our prime target - and the re-emergence of Anya is like a new signing.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started slow but took full advantage of the ref card

Carson 7 - Don't think he had a save to make until around the 70th minute and then he made 2 in quick succession 

Wisdom 8 - Absolute rock at the back

Keogh 8 - With the extra space we saw a few more of the darting runs by Keogh today

Davies 8 - Same as Wisdom, rock at the back

Olsson 9 - I'm sure there are many like me, but whenever I see him starting I'm always a little worried about him getting caught out defensively and 9 times out of 10 he proves me wrong

Huddlestone 9 (MOTM) - He's a brilliant player as it is, but giving him so much time and space after getting a man sent off is suicidal. Controlled the game with ease

Thorne 7 - A few misplaced passes, but I think he's actually improved defensively since his most recent injury. I can't remember him putting in so many tackles

Anya 9 - Slowed down towards the end which is understandable with his lack of game time, but he was a key part of all that was good going forward

Vydra 9 - Linked up well with Anya and put in the typical Vydra performance, ran everywhere, caused their defence problems and eventually got his goal

Lawrence 6 - Feel for him because he's clearly lacking confidence. Feels sort of how it did with Vydra's first season, everyone knows he has the ability but he's just not showing it right now

Jerome 8 - Brilliant hold up play, a well took goal and would have got an assist but for Vydra's miss

Winnall 7 - Won a penalty and worked his socks off as always

Ledley 6 - Didn't have much to do as the game was already over

Palmer 6 - Only touched the ball a couple of times but you can already see how good he is with the ball at his feet. Looking forward to seeing what he can bring

29 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Two years previously. Criticise all you like fella, I just find it comical how impatient grown men can be. Some players take some time to bed in. The talent and the physical tools are there and if Rowett can get Matej back, I'm sure he can coach Tom back to peak form and more too.

but surely the point is what is the peak form ?Ipswich for half a season,please

Archived