Jason Steele

ViewsFromTheMiddle

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

A report that the deal fell through because we didn't guarantee to take him off their hands permanently at the end of the season if we got promoted: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jason-steeles-move-derby-county-14231019

Sounds a strange one that I'd take with a pinch of salt.

as we know from CM you can't guarantee that sort of thing unless the player has signed up to it

This does come across as quite unprofessional of us......from gr's comments we changed our terms virtually as Steele arrived at pride park to do the deal and as such he decided not to go ahead with it which was right on his part....

I know nothing of the lad to be honest...he could be great or awful but either way the way we have acted here is unlikely to increase the trust levels amongst other teams and players.

Quite surprised to be honest,I didn't really associate Gary with this sort of thing.

Or have I missed something?

On 1 February 2018 at 01:00, t'oldu said:

And they had already signed his replacement !!      Camp deal just gone up on BBC  00.20

Why didn't we just sign camp instead? 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
14 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Good luck to him gone from the first division to the premiership.

A relief he'll no longer be on our radar (we do have this alarming thing where we're linked with the same poor players over many years). If he does welll with Brighton I'll be surprised but obviously happy for him.

Archived