Jason Steele

ViewsFromTheMiddle

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eddie said:

Disgraceful?

For crying out bloody loud. Everything's a drama to some people.

??

Never will we have a better chance to finish in the top 2. So clear to see we are far too reliant on moments of magic from Vydra. With Russell leaving, he needs replacing with quality. Left with 3 wide players (2 of which are grafters but way better served as wide options off the bench).

Just don't understand the need for this back-up keeper, especially when all clubs he has been at think he is useless. Bringing in someone to improve the first team should be the major focus and much bigger need.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Disgraceful?

For crying out bloody loud. Everything's a drama to some people.

I tend to keep an eye on keepers, bit of a saddo that way, and from speaking to fans of teams he has played for he appears to be Brad Jones levels of poor.

I'm not overly critical of our new signings as the people making them know far more than me, as for Carson he was an Eric Steele suggestion and having spoke with Eric about him I knew that we were getting a very good keeper.

Hope I'm as wrong as I have been about Vydra though :D

21 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Has to be a winger to follow. Disgraceful if this is the only incoming of the day. Don;t understand the need for this supposed 'experienced backup'. Less than half a season to go and Mitchell/Roos are probably as good anyway.

a) they aren't as good

b) Mitchell is injured

c) maybe Carson is carrying an injury

d) remember when Grant had to play injured as we didn't have an experienced back up

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Under Pearson on the last day of the window we sent Martin out on loan, signed an experienced goal keeper and signed Anya.

So what's changed? 

The level of football is actually pretty similar too.... but the results have changed!

Archived