The Kings Are Dead, Long Live The Kings.

Stripperg-ram

I may be alone in thinking this, but it seems like the book has been finally closed on the 4-3-3 play off team mainly assembled by Nigel and coalesced under Shteve.

And I just wanted to observe it’s passing into the annals of time.

With Martin and Russell on their way out, following Hughes, Bryson, Ince, Bent, Shackell and Hendrick, today seems like the day we properly and finally say goodbye to a recent history that has been entertaining and exciting but ultimately unrewarding.

It feels like when you leave a really hot, sexually adventurous girlfriend - pretty, loved the same music etc, but you know it’s never going to go the distance - and then you meet your wife (Gary Rowett and his 4-2-3-1) where you know there’s stability, loyalty, a common purpose and an ever growing bond.

There is still a part of me that would want that team to have succeeded and I am a little sad that CM can’t still be our fulcrum in attack. But that’s all futile and I wish all those players well in the future and thank them for some stunning displays of attacking football, which I wish we could emulate a little more these days, although I understand by not doing so we are an almightily tough defensive nut to crack.

Anyhoo.

Here’s to a team that I saw destroy Forest 5-0.

*Disclaimers*

1) I know there’s still Thorne, Keogh etc, but Martin and Russell seem to be the last two key players of that squad who GR has sometimes struggled to accommodate 

2) I know some of these are on loan and could return, but it doesn’t feel like they’re part of our future plans.

3) I’m not Gary Rowett’s Husband

COYR. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davies - "Rich, did you hear who's gone now?"

Keogh - "No but yeah like you say, who?"

Davies - "Johnny and Chris have both gone today .... the gaffer really doesn't like you McClaren boys, does he?"

Keogh - "........"

Davies - "I've also heard he's planning on one more departure today too"

Keogh - keough-3.jpg

39 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Davies - "Rich, did you hear who's gone now?"

Keogh - "No but yeah like you say, who?"

Davies - "Johnny and Chris have both gone today .... the gaffer really doesn't like you McClaren boys, does he?"

Keogh - "........"

Davies - "I've also heard he's planning on one more departure today too"

Keogh - I'll get me keogh-oat.keough-3.jpg

FTFY.:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, cannable said:

I think there’s that silly stat that Hughes, Thorne and Martin started just six games together. 

Tragic.

Well if you’re getting your stats out, it would be nice to know how we did in those games. 

Morning if we won all of them 4-0, then it would be depressing to know. But interesting, nonetheless. 

9 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Well if you’re getting your stats out, it would be nice to know how we did in those games. 

Morning if we won all of them 4-0, then it would be depressing to know. But interesting, nonetheless. 

Deadline day geekery:

22/3/14 Forest 5-0 - All 3 played but Martin went off before Hughes came on

5/4/14 Boro 0-1 8 minute overlap between Hughes coming on and Thorne going off, we were 1-0 down before that Game 1

8/4/14 Blackpool 3-1 All started, broken up when Hughes was subbed after 83 minutes (Martin scored 1, Thorne assisted 1) - Game 2

12/4/14 Huddersfield 3-1 All started, broken up when Thorne was subbed after 70 minutes (Martin scored 1, Thorne assisted 1) - Game 3 

18/4/14 Doncaster 2-0 All started, broken up when Hughes was subbed after 81 minutes (Martin scored 1, Thorne scored 1, Hughes assisted 1) - Game 4

26/4/14 Watford 4-2 Thorne and Martin started, Hughes came on for Martin on 83 (Martin scored 1)

8/5/14 Brighton 2-1 Thorne and Martin started, Hughes came on after 92 minutes (Martin scored 1) - Game 5

11/5/14 Brighton 4-1 All started, broken up when Hughes was subbed after 81 minutes (All 3 scored) - Game 6

24/5/14 QPR 0-1 All started, broken up when Hughes was subbed after 68 minutes. Obviously 0-0 at that point - Game 7

5 starts, and 2 games where they were on the pitch together very briefly. 

P7 W5 D0 L2 F14 A6

Take into account not all were on the pitch when goals were conceded in the two 0-1s and that changes it to won 5, drawn 2.

Later spell as below

3/4/15 Watford 2-2 Thorne and Hughes started. Thorne went off after 29, Martin came on after 76

8/8/15 Bolton 0-0 All started, Hughes off after 33  - Game 7

9/4/16 Bolton 4-1 Thorne and Martin started, Hughes on after 87 - Game 8

15/4/16 Charlton 1-0 Thorne and Martin started, Hughes on after 71 - Game 9

2/5/16 Brighton 1-1 All started, Hughes off after 93 - Game 10

7/5/16 Ipswich 0-1 All started, Martin off after 68 - Game 11

Total 8 starts, and 4 games where they were on the pitch together very briefly.

2 hours ago, Rample said:

Later spell as below

3/4/15 Watford 2-2 Thorne and Hughes started. Thorne went off after 29, Martin came on after 76

8/8/15 Bolton 0-0 All started, Hughes off after 33  - Game 7

9/4/16 Bolton 4-1 Thorne and Martin started, Hughes on after 87 - Game 8

15/4/16 Charlton 1-0 Thorne and Martin started, Hughes on after 71 - Game 9

2/5/16 Brighton 1-1 All started, Hughes off after 93 - Game 10

7/5/16 Ipswich 0-1 All started, Martin off after 68 - Game 11

Total 8 starts, and 4 games where they were on the pitch together very briefly.

Isn't that the game Thorne broke his leg? 

Archived