Luke Thomas - Sent to Coventry, loan extended till end of the season

Animal is a Ram

I haven’t seen a great deal of him, but if he’s worth a million for a few minutes of play, then selling him is something you should consider with a high sell on clause.

No doubt Roymac will be saying we should have sold him this summer in 5 years time when he turns out like Lee Holmes.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, maydrakin said:

I haven’t seen a great deal of him, but if he’s worth a million for a few minutes of play, then selling him is something you should consider with a high sell on clause.

No doubt Roymac will be saying we should have sold him this summer in 5 years time when he turns out like Lee Holmes.

What are you talking about, he's not one to hold on to the past... 

6 hours ago, jimbobram said:

If we did sell him, it would go completely against what Mel said weeks ago about bringing the youth through.

Mel goes completely against a lot of the things he talks about. You quickly get used to it. I find it easier to just ignore him, like white noise.

41 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Will be good to see more opportunities for the likes of Luke Thomas, Elsnik, Vernam, Bennett, Gordon, Hanson and Lowe; everyone asking for youth in this side and these lads are in prime position.

Missed the best young player off there Callum Guy.

TobyWanKenobi
On 15/05/2018 at 17:02, jimbobram said:

If we did sell him, it would go completely against what Mel said weeks ago about bringing the youth through.

This entire season has gone against the idea of bringing youth through...

I'd take a straight swap for Andy Carroll. Perfect Rowett type player. Just think what Gary could achieve with a player like that! 

I tell you what, if managerless West Ham are looking for someone to get the best out of their current players - Gary is a good shout!

Has he ruled himself out yet? If not, why not?

Contract time Mel!

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 08:54, maydrakin said:

I'll save you the trouble of waiting then - sell him now. Or not. Don't think he's ready for the first team tbh. Has lots of pace but not sure he's yet got the nouse to go with it. Prefer Gordon atm tbh.

The lad has the ball under control at pace, and turns quicker than a puppy in a butchers.

Goals, assists, dribbles. Skill. 

He's raw, he's not going to play 40 games next season, but he's exciting and he should be around the 18 here not out on loan from Wet Spam U23's. £silly money talks, but it would have to be bloody silly or there's no point. He could be £20m in two years the way transfers are going. £1m now? Nah.

Not for the Wurzel Messi.

4 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I'd take a straight swap for Andy Carroll. Perfect Rowett type player. Just think what Gary could achieve with a player like that! 

I tell you what, if managerless West Ham are looking for someone to get the best out of their current players - Gary is a good shout!

Has he ruled himself out yet? If not, why not?

Contract time Mel!

Ticks all the boxes. He’s young, he’s got a really good record of not getting injuries, and he’s almost certainly on low wages! ?

PistoldPete2

Very odd that Thomas wasn't at least on the bench for the play off games. We really needed some fresh legs for the second game, not joe Ledley and David nugent. 

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Very odd that Thomas wasn't at least on the bench for the play off games. We really needed some fresh legs for the second game, not joe Ledley and David nugent. 

That’s Rowett.... safety first!

On 19/05/2018 at 09:23, PistoldPete2 said:

Was a sensible decision for me. He’s only played 30 odd minutes for first team football for us so think it would have been a little unrealistic for him to be able to step up for a long period in a play off final. 

Got to bring young players through slowly and Rowett has said many times a promotion race isn’t the place to do it. I agree with this. That’s what pre season is for. Reckon we will see a lot of Thomas, Guy, Bogle, Lowe, Elsnik is pre season and then we can go from there. 

Archived