Luke Thomas - Sent to Coventry, loan extended till end of the season

Animal is a Ram

39 minutes ago, Rample said:

Get him in for the last few games of the season and show him he's wanted, then do what we should be doing and nurture him into a Premiership standard player.

Selling now for maybe £1.5m with add ons, or giving him some first team football, let him help us win promotion and see his value hit 8 figures.

What percentage sell on fee do you reckon we have. 

Who Cheltenham Town?  I bet it’s up to 10% with other add on’s no doubt.

I have no idea of course.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id Sell him, he’s a young attacking player exactly what we dont need. Why bother blooding a youngster  when we can sign a proven championship player what we need is another gary teale or eddie lewis type 

PistoldPete2
38 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Id Sell him, he’s a young attacking player exactly what we dont need. Why bother blooding a youngster  when we can sign a proven championship player what we need is another gary teale or eddie lewis type 

Looks like jamie Ward. Sell him to Forest. 

• 3 weeks later...

Going for a million quid to wet spam...

So we want to boost academy graduates into the first team but then sell one as soon as they come through for the square root of **** all to a wannabe top half prem team who don’t even own their stadium, all without actually playing him. Excellent. So much for building for the future...

30 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

So we want to boost academy graduates into the first team but then sell one as soon as they come through for the square root of **** all to a wannabe top half prem team who don’t even own their stadium, all without actually playing him. Excellent. So much for building for the future...

download.png

38 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not gone yet hopefully has a future here 

If we do sell him for such a daft fee than the club really needs to take a good look at itself.  Fans have been calling for Thomas to get game time and Rowett hasn't allowed this to happen. If it is true then West Ham clearly have seem something in him and for 1 million pound it would be a poor move.

Heaven for bid if we get offers for Elsnik and Guy.

Story feels like it's been pushed from the local Cheltenham rag, possibly because they have a monetery value associated to a deal.

West Ham may have enquired like clubs do, but doubt there's little else in it as it stands.

No way on earth that lad leaves here for £1m. He's the best kid I've seen since Will Hughes, and he looks as good now as Will did when he broke in at 17. A bit older, but could be a proper player in my opinion. £10m or GTFO.

Whilst it's important to remember this is only a rumour, and a rather spurious one at that, I could see why Thomas might be open to a transfer. To say our record for affording young academy players chances in our first team this season has been poor would be the biggest understatement since Joey Barton admitted to being a bit of a *****. Thomas in particular might be inclined to wonder exactly when he will ever get a chance considering we have been largely operating with only 2 wingers in the match day 18 since the sale of Russell in January. In that time Rowett has opted to briefly bring Anya back from the exile he'd consigned him to, shift central mid Bradley Johnson out wide, and even use full back Marcus Olsson as a makeshift winger, all ahead of giving Thomas a chance. Now we've switched to system that dispenses with wingers completely and relies on full/wing backs to provide width. If I was in Thomas' boots, this wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence regarding my future at Derby.

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Some pathetic responses in here. Million for the lad is good money. Starts to recoup some of the investment. Will he make it and be worth a lot more in the future? we simply don't know so why all the drama queen responses? 

Be careful , you will get shot down on here for talking actual sense. 

9 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Some pathetic responses in here. Million for the lad is good money. Starts to recoup some of the investment. Will he make it and be worth a lot more in the future? we simply don't know so why all the drama queen responses? 

Because we have this knack of selling really highly rated players for very little money.

Theo Walcott was sold for 12 million from Southampton about 10 or so years ago, we sold Will Hughes last year for 4 million. Both were up and coming English players.

If we were looking to sell it would have made more sense to give him some game time and triple the fee.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Because we have this knack of selling really highly rated players for very little money.

Theo Walcott was sold for 12 million from Southampton about 10 or so years ago, we sold Will Hughes last year for 4 million. Both were up and coming English players.

If we were looking to sell it would have made more sense to give him some game time and triple the fee.

although I get the point the other part of that situation has to consider where both players went and whether there were other clubs interested.  still can't believe he ended up at Watford and nobody else showed any interest

Archived