Luke Thomas - Sent to Coventry, loan extended till end of the season

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Subs today ?

roos, pearce,  baird, ledley, winnall, jerome, palmer ?

can't see thomas being involved 

I can . Rowett saying that he wanted to keep hold of Thomas so he could “train with the first side” ... I’d prefer he saw a bigger  chance and sooner but for now I’ll take that 

• 2 months later...

Just looking at my local paper, and he is being linked to West Ham here 

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-ham-united-keen-derby-1469735

West Ham United are thought to be lining up a summer move for Derby County prospect Luke Thomas.

The 19-year-old attacking midfielder has been in outstanding form for the Rams' Under-23 side this season, also earning his first taste of the Championship.

He has gone on from the bench twice, in home wins over QPR and Bolton Wanderers.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

west ham are reported to be after him i hope we dont sell him and give him a chance in out first team (sorry just seen it posted on the other page)

Ahh so that’s why he hasn’t been picked to play for us. Don’t want him to get injured

There is a reason Luke was stopped on the verge of going out on loan too St Mirren I believe it was, and it is a non footballing reason.Since then it appears he has applied himself too such an extent he is considered for first team duty.

The good thing is with Derby's academy status West Ham cannot just steal him away and pay compensation........he could be worth a whole lot if he can make the break into the first team and stay there.

Get him in for the last few games of the season and show him he's wanted, then do what we should be doing and nurture him into a Premiership standard player.

Selling now for maybe £1.5m with add ons, or giving him some first team football, let him help us win promotion and see his value hit 8 figures.

What percentage sell on fee do you reckon we have. 

Archived