Luke Thomas - Sent to Coventry, loan extended till end of the season

Animal is a Ram

11 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

No mate - just a few snaps from either a holiday, honeymoon or 2nd property that you own is good.

Chuck in a few italian terms......here, have one on me....."blooming good Montepulciano d'Abrazzo in waitrose at 25% off at the moment"

??

If that's Italian for frozen cripsy pancakes and chips I'm in.

If its false David platt type Italian for some cultured balls I'm struggling.

Waitrose by the way? Those days are gone. I'm still desperately looking for a shop cheaper than Iceland and it's aisles packed with healthy nutritional balanced diet michelin star type food.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joking aside I do have a soft spot for Italy and it's islands.

Spent a huge amount of time in Rome and Sicily is still the best set of holidays I've ever been on.

The Mediterranean laid back lifestyle mixed with the Italian craziness and intensity is tremendous to see.

It's the only place I've been to where two people saying hello looks like a potential gangland murder in the making.

Hands waving everywhere.

15 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

If that's Italian for frozen cripsy pancakes and chips I'm in.

If its false David platt type Italian for some cultured balls I'm struggling.

Waitrose by the way? Those days are gone. I'm still desperately looking for a shop cheaper than Iceland and it's aisles packed with healthy nutritional balanced diet michelin star type food.

Home Bargains is the way forward. 1kg of bacon misshapes for £1.29.

Add a loaf of bread and voila - food for a week for less than £3. Ok, so long term you might develop scurvy, lose your eyesight and have a complexion like porridge but I can empathize with tough times ?

Good move for him, at Coventry until January. 

Should do well, and may find his way back in the fold in the second half of the season.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Disappointed he’s been let go on loan myself, thought he had a role to play in our winger rotation myself. Glad it’s only till January, he’s a damn good player who’ll no doubt do well there, wonder if we’re bringing in a shirt term loan ourselves?

Maybe we have someone else lined up on loan?

He would be behind Lawrence Wilson Jozefzoon & Bennett if he stayed, I also think we would put Waghorn wide with Marriott/Nugent up front ahead of Thomas starting.

Much better for his progression to have a chance to play week in week out at a good level rather than not even making it onto our bench

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Hope he does well, and will show a keen interest, but not setting the world alight in a loan spell doesn’t mean they are no good...see Harry Kane.

Bang on the money. Sometimes it's what they learn from the loan more than how they actually perform.

Ibe and Lingard post Derby a perfect example.

Hope this is the making of the lad, obviously has some talent, but keen to see if he can show it consistently.

Would expect it to be extended to the end of the season as long as he settles and plays regularly. 

I'd love to see him tearing up league one and ready to come back and push for a first team spot here next season, but for now think we have enough players and would like Bennett to get a shot at being in and around the squad as he's that bit more experienced. 

• 4 months later...

Archived