Luke Thomas - Sent to Coventry, loan extended till end of the season

Animal is a Ram

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

A little odd in that he could have gone somewhere in League One relatively close, as well as reasonably near to home (eg Oxford) but instead is going to Scotland where it's much tougher for the club to support him and monitor his progress. But for all we laugh at Scottish football, it's quite cool for him to move to the Scottish Premier League. This suggests neither Anya nor Bennett are going anywhere today. Or someone is coming in.

I think the SPL still splits in half after 33 games. St Johnstone are on the cusp, fighting for that sixth spot. Would be good if they can do it.

That might be the point. Last season when he was struggling we sent him "home" near his family and with his brother for some home comforts. Maybe this year, with his confidence and form through the roof we want to see how he adapts to something very much out of his comfort zone. 

Clubs always take this very much into account with loaning youngsters and I know of a certain loan we've made this season where they intentionally picked a club further away

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Way Different. That one had mucho chances. Did nada. Now gone. Thomas had zero chances. Did mucho in the U23s. Now gone.

I’m sorry, but when you say “did nada”, what exactly are you implying? This season, with limited chances, I agree he hasn’t been the main man. But every other season (including last season at Fulham) he has scored goals, crated chances and been a good quality player at this level. Please, if you want to be taken seriously, don’t make a stupid comment like that.

I understand you don’t think Chrissy is a top quality player. That’s fine, respect your opinion. But you’re saying a player that hasn’t played more than 20 first team minutes is our 2nd most exciting player...really!?!

26 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I’m sorry, but when you say “did nada”, what exactly are you implying? This season, with limited chances, I agree he hasn’t been the main man. But every other season (including last season at Fulham) he has scored goals, crated chances and been a good quality player at this level. Please, if you want to be taken seriously, don’t make a stupid comment like that.

I understand you don’t think Chrissy is a top quality player. That’s fine, respect your opinion. But you’re saying a player that hasn’t played more than 20 first team minutes is our 2nd most exciting player...really!?!

Yup, really.

Just now, Ninos said:

I’m a bit confused here - did dcfc confirm that Luke Thomas has left? 

With Bennett and Russell now gone we are sure looking thin out wide.

Scottish window doesn't shut until midnight, so still 20 minutes left, although it has been very quiet since the rumour surfaced

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Scottish window doesn't shut until midnight, so still 20 minutes left, although it has been very quiet since the rumour surfaced

@Fraser_23 had said the deal was off but not sure if he was itk and no comments from DCFC regarding the Scottish move ...

2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Saw a pic of him telling someone he wants to stay and fight for a place in the first team. Not sure if it was legit.

Hope so I really do ... if he was in a top 6 PL academy we’d have been chasing him in the window! He should stay 

He could be a better player than Palmer. I'd definitely have him in and around our first team for that wing spot. Our academy is in the top academy division and he's it's best player. Like someone previously said, if he was in a more fashionable academy we'd be chasing him!

I am one of those sad people who actually watch the under-23 games that are broadcast live on Rams TV. Luke is quality. He has pace, finishing and high level of football IQ. The argument that he is not strong enough made by some I find strange. He is a winger who needs to dribble, pass and score. Hope he gets a chance.

Depending on the state of the match give him some minutes to slowly  build up his confidence.

He could be the different type of player we need. Someone fast, direct with a trick and an eye for a goal.

If he comes off he will have saved us an absolute fortune and shown the other 23's play well and there is a path into the 1st team.

It's a win win all-round. 

On 2/1/2018 at 04:47, SilentRam said:

I am one of those sad people who actually watch the under-23 games that are broadcast live on Rams TV. Luke is quality. He has pace, finishing and high level of football IQ. The argument that he is not strong enough made by some I find strange. He is a winger who needs to dribble, pass and score. Hope he gets a chance.

Nothing sad there. :whistle:

1 hour ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Depending on the state of the match give him some minutes to slowly  build up his confidence.

He could be the different type of player we need. Someone fast, direct with a trick and an eye for a goal.

If he comes off he will have saved us an absolute fortune and shown the other 23's play well and there is a path into the 1st team.

It's a win win all-round. 

Agree 100%. See if he can get his left and right correct this time!

Archived