Transfer Deadline Day

Barney1991

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can see a keeper and winger in - probably Kuscszak (sp?) and McClean on loan (now Marshall has gone to Millwall.)

That addresses the key needs but would like any from a midfielder, centre half and left back aswell, though I imagine they will be issues for summer.

Likely Mitchell and maybe Bennett will go out on loan as a result of their opportunities being limited by new arrivals, along with Hanson - that's if there are any takers.  

Pretty sure Martin will go too - can see a handful of sides inquiring and wouldn't rule out a very surprising loan move.

Olsson and Anya amongst others would likely be let go if interest materialises.

Wouldn't mind a move for Judge or Jota.

God the deadline day coverage on sky sports is on now and it runs uninterrupted until 1am - imagine how much dull, repetitive nothingness they're going to fill the time with. 

Rob Dorsett is at the Stoke City HQ - looks like industrial China.

**** it I'm going to work.

I think Gary hinted at bringing someone in after last nights game - "We didn't have the quality in the last 3rd" - "We needed more quality from the wide players". I mean a draw at Millwall is never bad, Wolves Drew there conceding 2 remember. However, after a long break and all this Dubai stuff you would think we would have the quality and fitness levels to win the game, But we didn't. Look at Villa and Snodgrass last night, When has one of our wide men this season won us a game/scored a goal like that? Never. We need to bring a quality wide player in ASAP, The good thing is, is that Mel is Derby through and through and if he believes Gary needs or wants this player to send us up then he will pay what it costs im sure. I think Gary needs to be a bit less resolute on his transfer strategy today, We need someone in, He said it - Everyone's said it. I trust Gary to bring a quality player in - This player could help us get promoted. Spare no expense.

Hopefully theyll be a couple of new names linked in the next few hours. Id be happy with McClean and another midfielder (Ryan Woods please). Fozzys form is also worrying me, so a LB on loan if im being greedy. Not too fussed about GK cover.

8 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Hopefully theyll be a couple of new names linked in the next few hours. Id be happy with McClean and another midfielder (Ryan Woods please). Fozzys form is also worrying me, so a LB on loan if im being greedy. Not too fussed about GK cover.

I'd like Sawyer from Brentford too but from the quote in the link below he's look at buying Premier League. 

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-transfer-deadline-day-1142566.amp?__twitter_impression=true

39 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

God the deadline day coverage on sky sports is on now and it runs uninterrupted until 1am - imagine how much dull, repetitive nothingness they're going to fill the time with. 

Rob Dorsett is at the Stoke City HQ - looks like industrial China.

**** it I'm going to work.

I've got my purple dildo ready in anticipation. 

There’s going to be a lot of twists and turns today yet, we won’t be the only team in this league thinking “****, who do we bring in?!”

With about half an hour to go of the Summer transfer window, we had no links to Winnall or Kieftenbeld yet half an hour later both had signed, one had signed correctly. There was also no mention of Butterfield going until the very end either.

If you haven’t already seen it, watch the little piece with Chris Wilder at Sheff Utd on deadline day, it illustrates perfectly just how quickly things can get moving, or alternatively fall apart.

12 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Johnny Russell vs Burton? :ph34r:

Johnny Russell v Burton are you joking it was a half volley from 8 yards - Snodgrass bent it from the corner of the box into the opposite corner? I take it you didn't see the goal. jheeeeeez

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

There’s going to be a lot of twists and turns today yet, we won’t be the only team in this league thinking “****, who do we bring in?!”

With about half an hour to go of the Summer transfer window, we had no links to Winnall or Kieftenbeld yet half an hour later both had signed, one had signed correctly. There was also no mention of Butterfield going until the very end either.

If you haven’t already seen it, watch the little piece with Chris Wilder at Sheff Utd on deadline day, it illustrates perfectly just how quickly things can get moving, or alternatively fall apart.

Same with Bradley Johnson - Norwich quickly whipped Mel's pants down at 11.59pm... hopefully something similar will happen tonight!

Archived