Transfer Deadline Day

Barney1991

5 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

out of the 4 you mentioned we have lost there was only Russell who made regular appearances this season,don,t see the need to panic,think everyone should chill and let the manager manage

Sam  stop being sensible it doesn't suit this forum 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Swimming against the tide of the 'vocal and slightly hysterical'  minority there matey.

You are spot on

If you had said to anyone back in July (or October for that matter )  that we would spend the month of January 2018 in second place, everyone, I suspect (without exception), would have grabbed your arm off. Yet here we are and , lo and behold, its complaining time again and time for gnashing of teeth and hand wringing for the short-termist few.

I went to see Notts County last saturday in the cup against Swansea, seeing as we had no game. A truly bizarre and unusual experience. Sat in the packed main stand, I didn't hear one dissenting voice or cries of derision about their own players. Everyone there was backing their team. No effing or blinding about missed chances. No cries of "get i'm off" if ever there was a misplaced pass. Just a genuine support for their team to do the best they could. No inherent sense of entitlement, no expectation of perfection or anything like. And a sense of occasion and enjoyment of it. 

Some on here should try it some time

I go to Lincoln every now and then. Last time was v cambridge this season.

i notice the same difference in attitude. People genuinely enjoying a relaxed day watching the footie. Pride park seems like a snake pit in comparison sometimes.

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I go to Lincoln every now and then. Last time was v cambridge this season.

i notice the same difference in attitude. People genuinely enjoying a relaxed day watching the footie. Pride park seems like a snake pit in comparison sometimes.

Spot on mate

Cant speak for anyone else.

Just ignore 'em. They are small in every sense of the word.

Keep going buddy - we are with you !!

TobyWanKenobi
2 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Yup. Any chance of you answering the question ? No rush....

That was the answer to the question. 'The Rams' you are referring to are the nickname for 'Derby County Football Club'. The team based in the city of Derby, in the county of Derbyshire, in the United Kingdom. 

I was born in Derby, therefore, the answer to the question "Why do you support 'The Rams' is "Because I was born in Derby." If I was born in I don't know, lets say Coventry or something, I would probably be supporting a different team. That's sort of how it worked.

7 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Buddy

No axe to grind. By being from Derby you are automatically a friend of mine.

Just wondered what you hoped for as a Rams fan ? 

Us older ones maybe a bit long in the tooth and happy to accept the status quo

Maybe you young uns have a better vision.

What is it ? 

8 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

TobyWanKenobi
1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

Buddy

No axe to grind. By being from Derby you are automatically a friend of mine.

Just wondered what you hoped for as a Rams fan ? 

Us older ones maybe a bit long in the tooth and happy to accept the status quo

Maybe you young uns have a better vision.

What is it ? 

Hmmm, challenging anyone whose opinion differs from yours with random questions about why they support the club doesn't seem like accepting the status quo, but whatever.

I hope for what I assume every warm blooded supporter hopes for. Wins, success, development, community engagement, the occasional blowie. That's not necessarily what we expect to get though, is it? For me, I don't really expect anything from the club. Indeed, I don't think I have really criticized the club here. Derby are just doing what it does, and what it's always done. Move players in and out, and play games. 

The fans however, I expect a bit of realism. Every time a player goes out on loan the fans say "ooooh! A chance to develop them., they'll come back better!" they say. I ask, when is the last time, we sent a youth player out on loan and they developed? Simple question really. Certainly not happened in the lifetime of this forum. So far, we've had one answer and that was Dean Sturridge who went on Loan to Torquay several years before I, who you called a young un (despite being in my mid 30s) hit puberty. There might be another example out there, maybe Lee Camp if you really want to have an argument, but it's the exception rather than the rule.

This club sending youth players on loan to 'develop' is a myth. The players that have 'made it' for us have done so by playing for us. Working with our team, and by being thrown in at the deep end to sink or swim, not by going to Stevenage, or Notts, or Accrington, or Rotherham, or Swindon, or wherever. Huddlestone, Hendrick, Hughes, Barnes, Grant, Steve Elliott, players what started with us and made a significant game contribution for us, and not a youth loan in sight.

That was my point. Not a dig at the club at all. If anything, a dig at the fans who see the club doing the same thing as it's always done, yet expecting different results.

I hope Elsnik proves me wrong. I really, really like him. I think he should be playing for us, not Swindon. We should, in my opinion be playing our own players, and not 'developing' Chelsea players who'll never get a sniff at Stamford Bridge, and if that means us bottling it not finishing second in the table, again; we'll get over it.

6 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Hmmm, challenging anyone whose opinion differs from yours with random questions about why they support the club doesn't seem like accepting the status quo, but whatever.

I hope for what I assume every warm blooded supporter hopes for. Wins, success, development, community engagement, the occasional blowie. That's not necessarily what we expect to get though, is it? For me, I don't really expect anything from the club. Indeed, I don't think I have really criticized the club here. Derby are just doing what it does, and what it's always done. Move players in and out, and play games. 

The fans however, I expect a bit of realism. Every time a player goes out on loan the fans say "ooooh! A chance to develop them., they'll come back better!" they say. I ask, when is the last time, we sent a youth player out on loan and they developed? Simple question really. Certainly not happened in the lifetime of this forum. So far, we've had one answer and that was Dean Sturridge who went on Loan to Torquay several years before I, who you called a young un (despite being in my mid 30s) hit puberty. There might be another example out there, maybe Lee Camp if you really want to have an argument, but it's the exception rather than the rule.

This club sending youth players on loan to 'develop' is a myth. The players that have 'made it' for us have done so by playing for us. Working with our team, and by being thrown in at the deep end to sink or swim, not by going to Stevenage, or Notts, or Accrington, or Rotherham, or Swindon, or wherever. Huddlestone, Hendrick, Hughes, Barnes, Grant, Steve Elliott, players what started with us and made a significant game contribution for us, and not a youth loan in sight.

That was my point. Not a dig at the club at all. If anything, a dig at the fans who see the club doing the same thing as it's always done, yet expecting different results.

I hope Elsnik proves me wrong. I really, really like him. I think he should be playing for us, not Swindon.

That was really funny. 

Despite my olive branch you still couldn't help being such a small person in every sense of the word

TobyWanKenobi
12 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

That was really funny. 

Despite my olive branch you still couldn't help being such a small person in every sense of the word

As suspected. You're not here for a discussion. You're here to throw insults around at people you disagree with and pat people on the back that agree with you.

Have a good day.

10 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Swimming against the tide of the 'vocal and slightly hysterical'  minority there matey.

You are spot on

If you had said to anyone back in July (or October for that matter )  that we would spend the month of January 2018 in second place, everyone, I suspect (without exception), would have grabbed your arm off. Yet here we are and , lo and behold, its complaining time again and time for gnashing of teeth and hand wringing for the short-termist few.

I went to see Notts County last saturday in the cup against Swansea, seeing as we had no game. A truly bizarre and unusual experience. Sat in the packed main stand, I didn't hear one dissenting voice or cries of derision about their own players. Everyone there was backing their team. No effing or blinding about missed chances. No cries of "get i'm off" if ever there was a misplaced pass. Just a genuine support for their team to do the best they could. No inherent sense of entitlement, no expectation of perfection or anything like. And a sense of occasion and enjoyment of it. 

Some on here should try it some time

we had better watch out mate, we are in danger of bringing some common sense to this site,we might get banned

On 2/1/2018 at 10:11, Derbados said:

He went on loan to Millwall, so they have allowed him to leave because they have worked class internationals in their side. 

Marshall would have been everything we were looking for 

Can't blame Wolves for not selling or loaning a player to the team/teams immediately behind them - that just isn't business sense.

3 minutes ago, Rample said:

Can't blame Wolves for not selling or loaning a player to the team/teams immediately behind them - that just isn't business sense.

It’s been a common phrase lately - not lending or selling to a rival. Let’s solve some of that - no loans to a fellow same league team so no player in a different team can effect winning or losing a parent club points and ultimately promotion or relagation 

Still a lot of free agents around - some may be crazy suggestions but realistically only 3 months left of the season so a short deal may just work out...

Nasri (ridiculous I know), Evra, Alex Song, Josue, Toulalan, 

Johan Mollo just released by Fulham is a left winger with goods pedigree but I don't know much about him.

Ross Turnbull is still a free agent, again just an experienced benchwarmer.

53 minutes ago, Rample said:

Still a lot of free agents around - some may be crazy suggestions but realistically only 3 months left of the season so a short deal may just work out...

Nasri (ridiculous I know), Evra, Alex Song, Josue, Toulalan, 

Johan Mollo just released by Fulham is a left winger with goods pedigree but I don't know much about him.

Ross Turnbull is still a free agent, again just an experienced benchwarmer.

Nasri is having bit problems with doping at the moment so he might be free for a while...

Archived