Transfer Deadline Day

Barney1991

I think we will be tryng behind the scenes for at least one player. McLean plus a back up winger 8f it that doesn't go through. All will depend if w.b.a get anyone in .

I've got opinions on McLean and was not overly impressed when we were initially linked with him but having a kip on it and a few various chats could be a very important day for us tomorrow if we get him. 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Pretty sure he went off injured, he's not leaving.

I read it to mean 'goes' from the club but by all accounts it looks like something has snapped tonight so that won't happen! Perhaps he meant goes from the team. Or perhaps he took a tumble to come off, protect himself and ease the transfer through tomorrow.  

Wishful thinking! 

Personally think we will sign a winger and have him Lawrence, Weimann & Johnson vying for the 2 wide roles with Anya as cover for injuries. If someone does come in I expect Bennett to go out on loan.

Also i think we will spend a fair amount to sign someone, a winger in the quality we need to give us that extra push isnt going to be available for loan nor cheap

I don't think any of our wingers are very good at all. Weimann isn't a winger, Lawrence isn't a winger imo, Russell is leaving. Anya is probably the only winger, that actually plays like a winger, at the club. If we are gong to challenge for automatic, we need a real winger. I would also like to see a playmaker come in, but that would be very expensive in January. 

My predictions:

We sign someone we haven't at all been linked with before today (prob loan)

Chris Martin spends the day looking at his phone

Sky Sports news follow Harry Redknapp all day out of habit, realise he's not actually a manager, then spend longer talking about how he's Central Coast Mariners adviser and a director at Wimborne Town than they have League 1&2

So many Peter Odemwingie jokes he ends up trending on twitter

SSN set an alert to remind them them football exists outside of the Prem

Anya and his agent spend the day trying to work out what just happened since he played last night

and finally, I start the day complaining about deadline day, and finish the day refreshing my laptop over and over waiting for another obscure transfer 

Archived