James McClean

Andrew3000

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd actually be against this signing. Not because I don't think he's a good player. In fact I think he'd be a superb player at this level and would suit the current system extremely well. In fact I think if signed he could be the sort of player that makes things happen and gives you that extra few percent to get you over the line. Also not because I have any concerns about his stance on not wearing the poppy or him standing side on to, rather than facing the British flag when they happened to play the national anthem at a pre season friendly. I believe everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and would hope that they go about expressing them in a respectful way. 

I would be against this because far too many Derby fans over the years have shown themselves to be narrow minded, short sighted, scape goat seeking and ultimately fickle people. That in itself is enough to upset an obviously excellent team spirit. To turn home games into cauldrons of hate as vitriol is thrown towards one of our own for a misplaced pass in the first 5 minutes of the game. Only for the same fans to wonder why the targetted players passes in a panic rather than slots in when through one on one with the keeper. 

For that reason it is the the sort of signing that brings the potential to derail our tilt at the Premiership. To destabilise what is currently a good group. And in truth it has nothing to do with politics, nothing to do with 'disgsracing the shirt' or any other ill informed rhetoric and everything to do with the type of fan we have too many of. 

Appreciate that may not be a popular view on a fans forum but sadly it is the reality we have at this club. 

Just now, Andrew3000 said:

No. Perhaps someone could follow the steps I described rather than consulting journalists from other papers though.

At least two people have. There’s nothing in the Telegraph, and nothing in the gossip column...

Weird thing to lie about if you’ve just made it up - again, perhaps send a link/screenshot to the story before posting the topic? That’s the rule of the forum, anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

At least two people have. There’s nothing in the Telegraph, and nothing in the gossip column...

Weird thing to lie about if you’ve just made it up - again, perhaps send a link/screenshot to the story before posting the topic? That’s the rule of the forum, anyway. 

To be clear it's in telegraph online via the moura story on bbc sport gossip. Much more amusing to break the rules and recieve a warm welcome.

Archived