When is Anya going to be let out of the cupboard?

StarterForTen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit of me always wondered if we signed him as (effectively) part of the Vydra transfer (as in Watford finally said, OK, we'll sell you Vydra for your offered price if you buy Anya as well) - Pearson was desperately trying to get quick forwards in at the time.

It's an odd one with something clearly more than just not being selected going on. He's the sort of player that'd have a role in pretty much every decent championship squad, versatile, quick, good guy to have in the building...when plan Pearson uber alles failed he just never seemed to get a bit of form going, had a few niggles and now whatever this is on top of it.

I hope he gets a move - he doesn't deserve this, we don't get any benefit of him being here, just a bit of a rubbish situation.

Off his twitter:

and

And about a thousand tweets about church, god, and so on.

On 1/28/2018 at 06:04, G-Ram said:

I always thought he looked like he could be decent when he played. Lacked a final product at times but always thought he was a good option 

And further to that, I don't think I've seen a winger in a Derby shirt who didn't lack final product other than Ince.

On 27/01/2018 at 00:10, RadioactiveWaste said:

A bit of me always wondered if we signed him as (effectively) part of the Vydra transfer (as in Watford finally said, OK, we'll sell you Vydra for your offered price if you buy Anya as well) - Pearson was desperately trying to get quick forwards in at the time.

It's an odd one with something clearly more than just not being selected going on. He's the sort of player that'd have a role in pretty much every decent championship squad, versatile, quick, good guy to have in the building...when plan Pearson uber alles failed he just never seemed to get a bit of form going, had a few niggles and now whatever this is on top of it.

I hope he gets a move - he doesn't deserve this, we don't get any benefit of him being here, just a bit of a rubbish situation.

Off his twitter:

and

And about a thousand tweets about church, god, and so on.

So a load of tweets about God and church and he's the brainiest footballer? Bloody hell, what does that say about the rest?

43 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Or does that mean in the light of the Russell revelation little Ikechi has been let out of the cupboard and is returning to the fold?

Super Ikechi Anya comes out the cupboard, replaces Russell and assists every single goal between now and promotion securing our place in the top flight. 

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hypothetically, suppose we say "right ho, we'll pay Watford the million quid (of whatever it is), you're back available" and we've resigned ikechi to replace Russell.

Come on ketch, show us you're worth it.

Also hypothetically, would we able to say to Watford his next appearance will cost us a million, but we won't pay anymore than £250k, take it and he'll play, leave it and you'll get Nothing?

Archived