Podcast Recommendations

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your footy ones don't include The Magic Sponge, you're missing out...

Non footy wise TED Talks are very interesting. 

If the like movies the Empire Film Podcast & Shat The Movies are very good.

If you're pretty morbid They Walk Among Us tells you about a different UK true crime story each week

The first season of Serial is very good

29 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

If your footy ones don't include The Magic Sponge, you're missing out...

Non footy wise TED Talks are very interesting. 

If the like movies the Empire Film Podcast & Shat The Movies are very good.

If you're pretty morbid They Walk Among Us tells you about a different UK true crime story each week

The first season of Serial is very good

I listened to Serial at the time and it was very good, couldn't get through the second season though. 

On 1/25/2018 at 07:03, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am looking for some podcast recommendations and figured you fine folks could help. 

I already have the football covered by a couple of my regulars so I am looking for something non-football related to beef up my selection. All ideas welcome!

Which ones are those?

On 1/25/2018 at 21:03, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am looking for some podcast recommendations and figured you fine folks could help. 

I already have the football covered by a couple of my regulars so I am looking for something non-football related to beef up my selection. All ideas welcome!

I know you're not looking for a football related podcast, but if you're not downloading The Football Ramble then you are really missing out.

As for non football - I've just downloaded Wrestle Me, it's a look back at all of the Wrestlemania's since it's inception. As an avid wrestling fan when I was a kid, I'm hoping it will be quite nostalgic! 

Wittertainment (Kermode and Mayo’s film show) is a must.

Adam Buxton’s Podcast is V funny.

I’ve been listening to Desert Islands Discs from the back catalogue and there’s some great stuff there.

In terms of Politics - Remainiacs (if you think Brexit is a load of tosh then this is good), BBC Radio 4’s Any Question’s, Nick Robinson’s Political Thinking.

Never really liked him, but Russell Brands podcast can be enlightening, but also pretentious and a bit lefty right on (but ok in small doses). But he’s basically interviewing academics and philosophers.

‘WTF’- The Marc Maron is the ultimate American celebrity interview - he’s had everyone in his Garage at some point.

and Athletico Mince - if you like Bob Mortimer and Irreverent football chat...

Football related..

The Football Ramble is great, the best one I have found

Guardians Football Weekly

Iain Mckintosh football league show.

The unused substitute

The Tuesday Club - keep an eye out for it they rarely do one but when they do it is golden

and if you dare, try out UWS United We Stand a Machester United podcast, really funny.

Non  football related

Frank Skinner show

As yet untitled with Alan Davies

Desert Island discs back catalogue

Heaven knows im Morrisey now

No such thing as a fish

The Forward by Lance Armstrong

Walking the dog

that should keep your commute interesting.

• 1 month later...

Archived