Forum offline - 12/02/18 from 8pm till Midnight

David

This is more of a reminder for myself but anyway, I have received an email from the server guys today..

we constantly update and improve the software and hardware that powers your web hosting. Usually this goes unnoticed but sometimes we have to upgrade major parts of our infrastructure, causing disruption to live services.

And without boring you with the rest, basically the forum will have to be put into offline mode on Monday 12th February from 8pm until midnight whilst they transfer everything over to new equipment. 

As it's a forum, members posting, updating details, registering etc. shutting the site down is the only way to ensure all data is transferred successfully. 

This would be the perfect opportunity to take your partner out, book a table, make them feel a bit special and that you are giving up on a nights forum usage to wine and dine them. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, David said:

This is more of a reminder for myself but anyway, I have received an email from the server guys today..

we constantly update and improve the software and hardware that powers your web hosting. Usually this goes unnoticed but sometimes we have to upgrade major parts of our infrastructure, causing disruption to live services.

And without boring you with the rest, basically the forum will have to be put into offline mode on Monday 12th February from 8pm until midnight whilst they transfer everything over to new equipment. 

As it's a forum, members posting, updating details, registering etc. shutting the site down is the only way to ensure all data is transferred successfully. 

This would be the perfect opportunity to take your partner out, book a table, make them feel a bit special and that you are giving up on a nights forum usage to wine and dine them

I will hold you personally responsible if she gets used to it and it costs me long term. 

18 hours ago, David said:

This would be the perfect opportunity to take your partner out, book a table, make them feel a bit special and that you are giving up on a nights forum usage to wine and dine them. 

Two days early. Pfft

7 hours ago, David said:

Which will save you a few bob and ensure you get a table, no need to thank me. Just tell him/her everywhere was fully booked on the 14th.

Ive told her its already booked for 14th.  And Ive paid a deposit.  Had to make up for last year when the Rams were at home that night.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived