Jamie Hanson

Waffle

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he has had even half a chance in recent years. The odd game here and there as a utility man. 

I just remember one game when Thorne was out and Mascarelle ... Jamie did a fine job at DM.

He has a touch that is pretty good and a forward looking attitude and he is anything but powder puff.  For me it is way too early to get rid. Maybe he isn't PL so perhaps he will go but if so I hope it isn't at a rubbish price. 

Those who watch the U23's might know more than me, but without going OTT I think he's a promising young player 

33 minutes ago, jono said:

I don't think he has had even half a chance in recent years. The odd game here and there as a utility man. 

I just remember one game when Thorne was out and Mascarelle ... Jamie did a fine job at DM.

He has a touch that is pretty good and a forward looking attitude and he is anything but powder puff.  For me it is way too early to get rid. Maybe he isn't PL so perhaps he will go but if so I hope it isn't at a rubbish price. 

Those who watch the U23's might know more than me, but without going OTT I think he's a promising young player 

Jono  ovI watch the U23s and I promise you he will never make a regular starter for us I've followed his career and he has been unlucky with injuries But as were now only playing two in midfield his chances of a start are receding rapidly Best for him to move on imo

4 hours ago, jono said:

He did. Like all of our young guns Jono  if they never get the real opportunity they tend to rot away. We should give him a new contract on the Osborn tackle alone! 

Tangentially, the lack of excitement regarding Luke Thomas around the club and the forum is staggering. He’s consistently the best player on the pitch when the U23s play.

Would clearly be an upgrade on our existing wingers and could back up Vydra in his role too. 

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Tangentially, the lack of excitement regarding Luke Thomas around the club and the forum is staggering. He’s consistently the best player on the pitch when the U23s play.

Would clearly be an upgrade on our existing wingers and could back up Vydra in his role too. 

Totally agree, I feel that a club with less talent in the first team squad (such as those down the road) would have been forced to play the likes of Vernam and Thomas and would no doubt reap the rewards.

42 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Totally agree, I feel that a club with less talent in the first team squad (such as those down the road) would have been forced to play the likes of Vernam and Thomas and would no doubt reap the rewards.

They may reap the rewards but at the cost to derby county ? The right scenario is exactly as rowett is doing now ,,, get those youngsters out on loan to more competitive pressured football , a bit like scouting the lower leagues for young talent except that we already own them , that or not have enough good first team players to compete so we need to risk youngsters ,but it won’t matter anyway to us as we won’t be competing for promotions but we can make the odd few bob by finding and developing the odd gem for more ambitious successful clubs,,, careful what you wish for

22 hours ago, Boycie said:

Hold on, The man in the snake shop said he was going to Arsenal?

Can the snake man shed some light on this? Or was he all Rattle?

He's got a move to Portugal lined up.

Boavista.

30 minutes ago, archied said:

They may reap the rewards but at the cost to derby county ? The right scenario is exactly as rowett is doing now ,,, get those youngsters out on loan to more competitive pressured football , a bit like scouting the lower leagues for young talent except that we already own them , that or not have enough good first team players to compete so we need to risk youngsters ,but it won’t matter anyway to us as we won’t be competing for promotions but we can make the odd few bob by finding and developing the odd gem for more ambitious successful clubs,,, careful what you wish for

Cost to Derby? Ya think Thomas would do worse than Lawrence and Russell last match. No chance.

I guess, that right now there is a serious mission on, so noble plans just don't get executed. Add in we have a large squad and there is simply no need to give youth a chance. Perhaps the academy will be just a self funding school. Offering quality training to pupils, the cost of which is then re couped by selling the pupils on to average sides for average prices. 

I can't critisise but in my "famous 5" world it would be nice to see a young gun given a chance when injury strikes. 

Archived