Lee Gregory

admira

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless Winnall really wants to go back to Wednesday because he wants game time and has been promised it there.  And we're buying this guy to replace Winnall.   If Winnall does want to go it makes it even odder to sell Martin.  But if he doesn't fit...

All this complete supposition of course

2 minutes ago, feisty said:

Unless Winnall really wants to go back to Wednesday because he wants game time and has been promised it there.  And we're buying this guy to replace Winnall.   If Winnall does want to go it makes it even odder to sell Martin.  But if he doesn't fit...

All this complete supposition of course

I've seen a few people suggest this...is this just a rumour which has popped out of nowhere, or is there some background to it (Wednesday forum for example)? Can't see us sending Winnall back unless something has happened. 

• 2 months later...

Personally always been impressed with him and think he would be a good/realistic signing. While most fans want us to go out and spent 8 million on a top class striker, we have to be realistic, it is not going to happen this summer. Many teams have got out of this division without spending huge amounts and Gregory at 750k is a bargain IMO. Good link up play, works hard, scores goals and always looks technically decent to me. Look at Brighton signing Glenn Murray. Our fans wouldn't have been happy with Murray at the time, however took them up and has done well in the Premier League. Think Gregory fits the mould of what Rowett would want out of a striker so can see something in this.

How much of the lad have folk actually seen? Lot of people dismissing him out of hand but if he's anything like a (slightly) younger Nuge then I'd imagine he'd do ok in the current set up. Not much point in bringing players who wouldn't fit the system, after all. We've all seen how that strategy plays out...

Archived