what is the point of Lawrence

FindernRam

What I think the problem with Lawrence is he is carrying 2 problems around with him

A) the price tag. Not his fault granted, however for the vast sums of money we paid for him he was always going to be expected to have done alot more than he has.

B) coming is as inces replacement. Not his fault Again, however what Tom ince bought to out team, with his goals, double figures from midfield and assists, Lawrence was always going to be compared to him to an extent, and we all know he hasn't done a quarter of what ince would have done up to now.

These issues I believe play a part to how he has been up until now. Forget the tracking back blah blah but actual goals scored and made is not what was expected at this stage. To me he is no better than the current batch Weimann Russell etc, however the 2 points above are against him. However, there is a player inside there somewhere and it hopefully he starts producing the goods that we all think he is capable of, as he did in the same league last year for Ipswich.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Thank you, praise indeed. @David is correct in that I was being provocative. The forum seems a bit quiet and non controversial of late (probably because we are doing well) so like a cheap tabloid paper I used some emotive language to stir it up a bit. Worked didn't it:D 

Oh you crafty beggar you! :mellow: You'll be door-stepping him next and shouting "Mr Lawrence, what do you say to the allegations that you're a crap one-trick pony, who can't deliver a decent set-play and runs head-down into a crowd of defenders?" through his letter box next. 

8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Oh you crafty beggar you! :mellow: You'll be door-stepping him next and shouting "Mr Lawrence, what do you say to the allegations that you're a crap one-trick pony, who can't deliver a decent set-play and runs head-down into a crowd of defenders?" through his letter box next. 

Seems harsh

I'd just wish him Merry Christmas

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Worst post. 

What does he bring to the team in your opinion then? I can’t see anything, other than the occasional good corner. Can’t cross a ball in play, rarely beats a defender, poor shooting, poor work ethic tracking back, awful positional play off the ball when our fullback has the ball. Not to mention the ludicrous price tag! 

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

What does he bring to the team in your opinion then? I can’t see anything, other than the occasional good corner. Can’t cross a ball in play, rarely beats a defender, poor shooting, poor work ethic tracking back, awful positional play off the ball when our fullback has the ball. Not to mention the ludicrous price tag! 

So he's the worst signing in 11 years? 

Absolute bullocks. 

You're angry cos we're not winning. I'm not enjoying it either. But you're wrong that TL is the worst signing in 11 years. Sadly for us there's tonnes of far crapper players for Derby. 

Just now, Tim Bucktoo said:

So he's the worst signing in 11 years? 

Absolute bullocks. 

You're angry cos we're not winning. I'm not enjoying it either. But you're wrong that TL is the worst signing in 11 years. Sadly for us there's tonnes of far crapper players for Derby. 

In comparison to the prices paid he’s up there for me, yes we’ve signed worse players, but we’ve not spent £7m on them. You’d be lucky to get £1m back for him how he’s playing. Needs a rocket! 

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

In comparison to the prices paid he’s up there for me, yes we’ve signed worse players, but we’ve not spent £7m on them. You’d be lucky to get £1m back for him how he’s playing. Needs a rocket! 

So you agree with me then? He's not the worst signing since Claude Davis is he?

I watch him week in week out, and I still don't really get why he's in the team.

Can't dribble, can't tackle, can't shoot (on target at least), not much good at set plays, can't cross - what am I missing?

What does he bring to the team...?

1 minute ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

You never know, he could a Vydra and come good the next season.

If not, some fans may blame the manager who signed him for the large sum. 

Can't fault your logic.

2 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

You never know, he could a Vydra and come good the next season.

If not, some fans may blame the manager who signed him for the large sum. 

I hope he does make me eat my words honestly do, struggling to see it though. 

Young player with bags of potential. Probably low on confidence like the rest of the team (except Palmer, who should be starting all the remaining games and doing the pre match team talk ).

Lawrence was outstanding at Ipswich and plays well for Wales, we are always looking for a scapegoat :whistle: 

Archived