Jerome's a good player....

NorwichLad

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

That’s not right, Bent is an awful player, can’t wait to get rid, missed tons more than he’s scored

E0893D91-F0A3-4597-8D07-D1CFFE4AC3C0.png

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Have to say I trust club's facebook page more than wikipedia.

Wikipedia will include substitute appearances and is just league appearances.

League appearances 37 (36) goals 22

League cup appearances 4 (0) goals 1

FA cup appearances 5 (0) goals 5

Play offs appearances 0 (2) goals 0

Total 46 (38) goals 28

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

With the greatest respect.... he's going well above 'newly promoted' level, probably to Spurs where he'll end up being a superstar pretty much instantly like Kane and Ali.  

Liverpool and Spurs want him, and I think he'll be going for at least £20m. 

Couple of Jerome goals in this compilation actually.,... This is Maddison's first half a season in the Championship and he's probably the best player in the league. Suspect it will be his last also... nailed on England regular, which is good for all of us I suppose.

Great to think that he's getting mentored by our own legend Hoolahan for a year though in what is probably Hoolahan's final season as a player! 

No point in me hoping we hold on to him, doubt we'd even be able to do that if we were 15th in the Premier League right now. A sell on clause would be nice though, in case he goes from Spurs/Liverpool to Real Madrid like Bale.... which I certainly wouldn't rule out, considering the rate at which he is improving. 

3 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Couple of Jerome goals in this compilation actually.,... This is Maddison's first half a season in the Championship and he's probably the best player in the league. Suspect it will be his last also... nailed on England regular, which is good for all of us I suppose.

No point in me hoping we hold on to him, doubt we'd even be able to do that if we were 15th in the Premier League right now. A sell on clause would be nice though, in case he goes from Spurs/Liverpool to Real Madrid like Bale.... which I certainly wouldn't rule out, considering the rate at which he is improving.

With all due respect, this is a little far to say. Potentially he is the best player in the league, but nailed on England regular and comparisons to Gareth Bale? I can't say I know a lot about the lad, but hyping him up this young probably isn't the best, we've all seen what has happened to other hyped up British talent. 

Norwich seem to be having a major rebuild.

out  - ruddy, howson, jerome, pritchard, martin, wildschut, bassong, bennett, whittaker, 

in - zimmerman, lewis, stieperman, trybull, maddison, hanley, vrancic, gunn, 

played well v chelsea

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

With all due respect, this is a little far to say. Potentially he is the best player in the league, but nailed on England regular and comparisons to Gareth Bale? I can't say I know a lot about the lad, but hyping him up this young probably isn't the best, we've all seen what has happened to other hyped up British talent. 

I get what you are saying, but....

1). Its blindingly obvious that he is far too good for this level, at the age of 21. He's just bossing every game. 

2). The last time I got this excited about a young player at Carrow Road it was Craig Bellamy in 1997, and he had a pretty good career and undoubtedly would have nailed down that England left side if he'd chosen that country. 

3). The above is despite having Harry Kane on loan. Seen loads of hyped kids come to Carrow Road on loan over the years.... Bertrand, Gibbs, Forster, Kane, Reed (current), Gunn (current). And none of them have ever been as assured and composed as Maddison. He's playing like he's been a senior pro for 10 years, but has played less than 100 games at any level, its actually frightening. 

4). He's actually the same age as Dele Ali.... 21... so not a baby, just been put in at the right time. 

5). If you watched the lad every week, you'll know that hype won't faze him. That's a large part of the reason why he's heading to the top, he's mentally tough... not a Jack Rodwell.

6). Its a bit rich coming from a Derby fan, considering we were hearing about how good Will Hughes is for about 5 years.... and he's only one year older than Maddison and has played almost 200 senior games at 22. We kept Maddison largely under wraps last season, despite paying £3m for him... Spurs almost got him for £5m back then.

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

Norwich seem to be having a major rebuild.

out  - ruddy, howson, jerome, pritchard, martin, wildschut, bassong, bennett, whittaker, 

in - zimmerman, lewis, stieperman, trybull, maddison, hanley, vrancic, gunn, 

played well v chelsea

Complete revolution. Although those signings have been hit and miss.... Vrancic isn't up to much despite being one of the more higher profile players we brought in, got no turn of pace whatsoever... one speed setting. 

Mulumbu also went out in the summer. 

Stripping out high earning 30 year olds, building with kids. Manager came from Dortmund II, all of his coaches brought from Dortmund too. 

Hoolahan and Tettey will be gone in the summer (out of contract). I fear we are stuck with Naismith and Jarvis. 

We had to do this for financial reasons, our parachute payments finish at the end of this season. But we've also got some really talented kids coming through so we're fortunate (Jamal Lewis + Ben Godrey in particular, Louis Thompson would be another to breakthrough this year but he's done his achilles big time and doesn't look like it will happen for him now). 

Unfortunately Angus Gunn is a Norwich lad and came through our youth system but is owned by Man City, little prospect of signing him on a permanent. Although we do allegedly have a right to buy Harrison Reed on a permanent. 

Currently have one senior striker though, and could really do with signing one in this window. 

Just signed that Edwards kids from Spurs who is supposed to be a prodigy. Would personally prefer more permanent signings though. 

Thanks @NorwichLad for your posts. It seems that Cameron Jerome could be an excellent signing.

I'm starting to get a bit concerned, Everything about our club seems to be going swimmingly at the moment. We've been crying out for a big mobile striker for several seasons. We now seem to have picked up a good one for a reasonable price on a sensible contract. It's all very odd for Derby County.

How will we all cope if we don't manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? We're Derby County so it can't actually turn out well can it? If it does, what on earth will we moan about?

...actually just remembered something. That horrible green relish on the burgers at Pride Park looks like Shrek vomit and tastes worse than it looks - Mel Morris out :angry:

48 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

I get what you are saying, but....

1). Its blindingly obvious that he is far too good for this level, at the age of 21. He's just bossing every game. 

2). The last time I got this excited about a young player at Carrow Road it was Craig Bellamy in 1997, and he had a pretty good career and undoubtedly would have nailed down that England left side if he'd chosen that country. 

3). The above is despite having Harry Kane on loan. Seen loads of hyped kids come to Carrow Road on loan over the years.... Bertrand, Gibbs, Forster, Kane, Reed (current), Gunn (current). And none of them have ever been as assured and composed as Maddison. He's playing like he's been a senior pro for 10 years, but has played less than 100 games at any level, its actually frightening. 

4). He's actually the same age as Dele Ali.... 21... so not a baby, just been put in at the right time. 

5). If you watched the lad every week, you'll know that hype won't faze him. That's a large part of the reason why he's heading to the top, he's mentally tough... not a Jack Rodwell.

6). Its a bit rich coming from a Derby fan, considering we were hearing about how good Will Hughes is for about 5 years.... and he's only one year older than Maddison and has played almost 200 senior games at 22. We kept Maddison largely under wraps last season, despite paying £3m for him... Spurs almost got him for £5m back then.

Too good for this level doesn't equal Real Madrid. Craig Bellamy was good, but he was no Gareth Bale. Wasn't Kane rubbish in his loan spells? I believe he's a good player, I also believe it remains to be seen if he'll reach the top. As you said, he's the same age as Deli Ali, but the difference is one has scored 2 goals vs Real Madrid, and the other is in the Championship currently. The final point is completely irrelevant and unneccesary, I wasn't getting at you and you shouldn't take my comments personally, the comparison with Hughes is illogical. 

19 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Too good for this level doesn't equal Real Madrid. 

Not sure if you work as an estate agent, lawyer, politician, or double glazing salesman... but I actually said....

"A sell on clause would be nice though, in case he goes from Spurs/Liverpool to Real Madrid like Bale.... which I certainly wouldn't rule out"

Figuratively speaking, I meant that he will almost certainly be going to a Liverpool or Spurs for a big fee (e.g. £20m), but that I hope it is with a sell on clause in case he can go a level higher. It doesn't have to be Real Madrid, this was illustrative purposes. Other very wealthy clubs who can afford to purchase good players from Spurs or Liverpool include PSG, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City (and four of those have home grown player quotas to meet each season). 

Other players to move from the Premier League to Real Madrid include the likes of Johnathan Woodgate, Luka Modric, and various others that you wouldn't consider world class or to have quite the same level of profile as a Gareth Bale. 

I was clearly just throwing out an example, simply saying that I hope if we sell him for what we can realistically achieve as a Championship side (£20m probably) then I hope we insert a clause he case he moves anywhere for £50m (hence the Gareth Bale example, Southampton>Spurs>Real Madrid). 

Remember that Gylfi Sigurdsson at Maddison's age was playing for Reading in the Championship with loan spells at Crewe and Shrewsbury. He later went to Everton for £45m.

"In case" doesn't mean that I expect something to happen, it means I wouldn't rule it out (which is what I said, "wouldn't rule out"). 

Presumably you also hope that Will Hughes has a sell on clause.... in case he goes from Watford to Arsenal/Spurs or similar, for £25m or something... which may happen if he has a couple of good seasons with Watford. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Too good for this level doesn't equal Real Madrid. Craig Bellamy was good, but he was no Gareth Bale. Wasn't Kane rubbish in his loan spells? I believe he's a good player, I also believe it remains to be seen if he'll reach the top. As you said, he's the same age as Deli Ali, but the difference is one has scored 2 goals vs Real Madrid, and the other is in the Championship currently. The final point is completely irrelevant and unneccesary, I wasn't getting at you and you shouldn't take my comments personally, the comparison with Hughes is illogical. 

Norwich Lad is the best poster on here by a country mile.

What on earth are you doing antagonising him?

2 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Not sure if you work as an estate agent, lawyer, politician, or double glazing salesman... but I actually said....

"A sell on clause would be nice though, in case he goes from Spurs/Liverpool to Real Madrid like Bale.... which I certainly wouldn't rule out"

Figuratively speaking, I meant that he will almost certainly be going to a Liverpool or Spurs for a big fee (e.g. £20m), but that I hope it is with a sell on clause in case he can go a level higher. It doesn't have to be Real Madrid, this was illustrative purposes. Other very wealthy clubs who can afford to purchase good players from Spurs or Liverpool include PSG, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City (and four of those have home grown player quotas to meet each season). 

Other players to move from the Premier League to Real Madrid include the likes of Johnathan Woodgate, Luka Modric, and various others that you wouldn't consider world class or to have quite the same level of profile as a Gareth Bale. 

I was clearly just throwing out an example, simply saying that I hope if we sell him for what we can realistically achieve as a Championship side (£20m probably) then I hope we insert a clause he case he moves anywhere for £50m (hence the Gareth Bale example, Southampton>Spurs>Real Madrid). 

Remember that Gylfi Sigurdsson at Maddison's age was playing for Reading in the Championship with loan spells at Crewe and Shrewsbury. He later went to Everton for £45m.

"In case" doesn't mean that I expect something to happen, it means I wouldn't rule it out (which is what I said, "wouldn't rule out"). 

Presumably you also hope that Will Hughes has a sell on clause.... in case he goes from Watford to Arsenal/Spurs or similar, for £25m or something... which may happen if he has a couple of good seasons with Watford. 

There is a sell on clause in the deal Derby and Watford struck, not sure what exactly, but there is one.

On 1/17/2018 at 12:11, NorwichLad said:

not in his nature to go somewhere just for a final payday, he'll be coming to you to try and win another promotion, simple as. 

My record of being 'right' on this forum is getting a little bit embarrassing now, but Jerome said this in an interview:

“No disrespect to Norwich, I could have stayed there and sat out my contract and maybe got paid a little bit more money. But they are going through a bit of a transition and they’re not going to get promoted this season, and they’re not going to get relegated. I think it was the right time to move on"

Sounds like he has actually taken a pay cut to join you. Remember that guys if he needs a bit of patience to play catch up, rare for a footballer to put footballing ambition over money but not surprising to me from him. 

Flint pretty much admitted it was a penalty in his post-match interview. I think the only people to think it wasn't a penalty were the officials. The referee should look at his performance tonight and be absolutely ashamed. He was simply awful.

Archived