Jerome's a good player....

NorwichLad

If you watched us now Jono it would be James Maddison that you'd pay attention to.... the boys very special, he'll be bypassing the Southampton's and going straight to a Spurs or Arsenal, in 6 months if not in the next couple of weeks.... probably for a record Championship fee. 

Unfortunately we only own one senior striker now, and whilst talented (Nelson Oliviera)... he doesn't turn up half of the time :(

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gritters said:

Secondly I think it was you who came on when we signed Chris Martin from you and told us he was a good player. If it was you then I will take your good judgement seriously and look forward to watching Jerome play.

Yep that was me, way back in 2013.

Just now, Gritters said:

It does and it was 2013. You were pretty spot on about Martin.

I know, and lots of people weren't having it haha. 

We could do with him on loan for the rest of the season to be honest, down to one striker :lol:

Presumably we'll be signing somebody out of Bundesliga II.... where we seem to sign most of our players now, with a success rate of about 50% :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

This is quite a good description... Jerome gives defenders quite a lot to think about because he's strong enough to hold up the ball, but also quick enough to flick the ball around them.

Plus he has scored quite a lot with his head by being good at losing his marker in dead ball situations.  Quite an intelligent player really, I'd describe him as a 'streetwise' player perhaps more than 'clever' if that makes sense. 

Oh and Leeds fans hate him, so that will add some spice to any fixture you have with them! 

Why’s that? Scored against them once too often or was there some incident?

8 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Why’s that? Scored against them once too often or was there some incident?

Accused one of their Italian players of racism in a match.... so a lot of tension now whenever he goes to Elland Road. 

Can't remember if it was the N word or 'Monkey', but it was something like that. 

Leeds fans hating somebody for daring to complain about racism... not surprising is it. 

EDIT: Called him a Negro.... got off the charge by claiming he was threatening to give Jerome a 'black eye'. 

His explanation doesn't sound very plausible to me at all to be honest.... 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/18/fa-racism-leeds-giuseppe-bellusci-misunderstanding

I mean.... how do you even give a black man a black eye :ph34r:

1 minute ago, NorwichLad said:

Accused one of their Italian players of racism in a match.... so a lot of tension now whenever he goes to Elland Road. 

Can't remember if it was the N word or 'Monkey', but it was something like that. 

Leeds fans hating somebody for complaining of racism... not surprising is it. 

Ah yeah that mad looking defender. I remember that but had forgotten it was Jerome involved.

Well anything to wind up the weeds is fine by me.

I dunno, I don't think the FA disciplinary people are fans of Jerome because he got done for betting on football matches in the past (that is taken more seriously now than it used to be). 

Plus knowing the stuffy old FA they will have an average age of about 94 so will all be a tad bit racist themselves :lol:

1 hour ago, NorwichLad said:

Unfortunately we only own one senior striker now, and whilst talented (Nelson Oliviera)... he doesn't turn up half of the time :(

Darren Bent or Chris Martin are available...

28 minutes ago, rammieib said:

@NorwichLad you're not wrong about Maddison. He's been super tonight. Can we have him when we go up?

With the greatest respect.... he's going well above 'newly promoted' level, probably to Spurs where he'll end up being a superstar pretty much instantly like Kane and Ali.  

Liverpool and Spurs want him, and I think he'll be going for at least £20m. 

13 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

With the greatest respect.... he's going well above 'newly promoted' level, probably to Spurs where he'll end up being a superstar pretty much instantly like Kane and Ali.  

Liverpool and Spurs want him, and I think he'll be going for at least £20m. 

Which would give us another reason to puke up for selling Will Hughes for peanuts (yes I people I know it wasn’t £4.5 million). 

Archived