England Under 21 reunion class of 2004

California Ram.

thanks to Curtis Davies tweet

Welcome @camjerome33 the gaffer is trying to get our England U21 squad back together it seems ??? #DCFC #DCFCFans

we now have 6 of that squad - Carson, Davies, Huddlestone, Nugent, Bent, Jerome

watch out for sightings of Leighton Baines, James Milner, Aaron Lennon and Stewart Downing in the Yard

Don’t think Carson’s goalkeeping company from that squad Lee Camp’s on his way back soon though...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t help but think that GR is succession planning. He’s bought in players that lead by example and are respected professionals who’ve had long life spans in football. I think that for whatever youth we may have in the team, they’ll learn a lot from out old heads. 

Would love a couple signings along the Nick Powell ilk to now come and grow for next season.

Most I can find on pitch at same time was this 1-0 win away to the Netherlands in 2006.

England: Scott Carson, J.Hoyte, Leighton Baines (L.Rosenior), C.Davies, M.Kilgallon, Tom Huddlestone, W.Routledge (J.Welsh), James Milner (P.Whittingham), David Nugent (N.Onuoha 85), Ashley Young, Theo Walcott (C.Jerome)

Whilst looking through also seeing Camp,Grant and Bywater as keepers in and around the same time period.

Archived