England Cricket 2018

Brian Mcculloch Glasgow

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/08/2018 at 17:28, Zag zig said:

You guys! See watching Derby last year and Derbys brings on such a negative mindset.

Last time I checked India one wicket remaining, England 70 in front, all to play for. Keep calm, we’re going to win....... maybe ?

@Zag zig knows...... ? maybe

27 minutes ago, Carnero said:

@Zag zig knows...... ? maybe

? Just caught the result. It did seem maybe obvious we were playing ok.

Im just a always look on the bright side , glass half full type..... most of the time.

Just like I think the Rams will go up this year..... Maybe ?

10 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

? Just caught the result. It did seem maybe obvious we were playing ok.

Im just a always look on the bright side , glass half full type..... most of the time.

Just like I think the Rams will go up this year..... Maybe ?

For some reason I'm always glass half full with the football, but glass half empty with the cricket... I still half expected to lose when they were 9 down.

I think we're without Stokes next game so there's big boots to fill.

I'd imagine the candidates to replace him are either Moeen or Woakes with Buttler batting 6 possibly Curran 7.

I'd also like to see Joe Clarke come in for Malan as he's not only struggling but the number of left handers we have suits Ashwin.

PistoldPete2

Wel that's two games where victory has been snatched from the jaws of defeat... Rams v reading now england v India. Good sporting weekend. Although both England cricketers and the Rams were a long way from perfect.

43 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I think we're without Stokes next game so there's big boots to fill.

I'd imagine the candidates to replace him are either Moeen or Woakes with Buttler batting 6 possibly Curran 7.

I'd also like to see Joe Clarke come in for Malan as he's not only struggling but the number of left handers we have suits Ashwin.

Moeen for me. He likes Lord's - took 10 wickets against South Africa there last year. However, five tests in six weeks with England relying so heavily on Anderson and Broad makes me think that it will be Woakes. As for the problem re left-handers and Ashwin, that's an interesting one. As soon as Sam Curran went onto the attack, Virat Kohli whipped Ashwin straight out of the firing line, and from that I'm going to infer that he doesn't like it up him, so to speak.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

As soon as Sam Curran went onto the attack, Virat Kohli whipped Ashwin straight out of the firing line, and from that I'm going to infer that he doesn't like it up him, so to speak.

True. Hard to see Cook, Jennings or Malan trying that with their current form though!

It looks like Malan is more suited to the fast bouncer pitches he found in Aus (so would suit SA too) but struggles with the lower bounce in England. Averaging <20 in 10+ matches at home. We can't persevere with him indefinitely - it's not like he's a youngster like a Joe Clarke or an Ollie Pope,  where you're investing in the future too.

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

True. Hard to see Cook, Jennings or Malan trying that with their current form though!

It looks like Malan is more suited to the fast bouncer pitches he found in Aus (so would suit SA too) but struggles with the lower bounce in England. Averaging <20 in 10+ matches at home. We can't persevere with him indefinitely - it's not like he's a youngster like a Joe Clarke or an Ollie Pope,  where you're investing in the future too.

I was going to suggest Ollie Pope, working on the premise that you can never have too many wicketkeepers.

32 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Last second winners from Derby on opening night followed by the drama of an England mop up cricket win. Top top weekend. 

Not  quite I'm afraid to have a top sporting weekend the red dogs have to lose .Going well and the moment losing to an agent Andi goal.

23 hours ago, eddie said:

I was going to suggest Ollie Pope, working on the premise that you can never have too many wicketkeepers.

ah-smug-mode.jpg.ae9272de6ed508a856e4a06b98fff78b.jpg

PistoldPete2
On 4 August 2018 at 14:05, eddie said:

Moeen for me. He likes Lord's - took 10 wickets against South Africa there last year. However, five tests in six weeks with England relying so heavily on Anderson and Broad makes me think that it will be Woakes. As for the problem re left-handers and Ashwin, that's an interesting one. As soon as Sam Curran went onto the attack, Virat Kohli whipped Ashwin straight out of the firing line, and from that I'm going to infer that he doesn't like it up him, so to speak.

Why is Moeen still out of favour? Had a mare v the Aussies but still a good option. Oh well let's put our hope in Pope. 

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Why is Moeen still out of favour? Had a mare v the Aussies but still a good option. Oh well let's put our hope in Pope. 

Moeen is in the 13. He was for Edgbaston.

1211983017_englandsquad.thumb.jpg.502138cef5fabc04731adcfa97737d60.jpg

Archived