England Cricket 2018

Brian Mcculloch Glasgow

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Squid said:

Lehmann is resigning now. 

Much of that may be down to his bleating about the South African crowd giving his players stick, this coming just afew months after he told the Aussie home crowd that he wanted them to barrack Stuart Broad over his not walking at Trent Bridge to the extent that he would be 'sent home in tears'.

In other words, blatant hypocrisy.

This Aussie cheating story couldn't have come at a better time for the current England squad - it's taken most of the attention away from their dismal shambolic performance in the first test against NZ. They go again tonight and if there's no big improvement then they'd better watch out.

That Smith Press conference was a difficult watch. 

Smacked of someone who had been thrust into the captaincy but didnt have the personal skills to do the job. 

Now its all played out worse than he ever thought. 

I feel for him, that was a man totally caught in the headlights. 

3 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Smacked of someone who had been thrust into the captaincy but didnt have the personal skills to do the job. 

I agree,whatever the history I didn’t enjoy the public humiliation.

Made me sad.

4 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

This Aussie cheating story couldn't have come at a better time for the current England squad - it's taken most of the attention away from their dismal shambolic performance in the first test against NZ. They go again tonight and if there's no big improvement then they'd better watch out.

We’ve basically been a disgrace for a while.

A few of our players need to take a look at themselves.

PistoldPete2
13 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Cook out already

Not too bad overall tho, considering we had Broad at number 8.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 13:32, CWC1983 said:

Feel for him....? you are kidding right? He cheated.

Make no mistake at all the ONLY thing they regret about all of this is that they were caught...

Don't forget it was only a couple of months ago that the lot of them were giggling like schoolboys in a press conference about the "head butt"

They deserve all the poop poop thrown at them all.

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Feel for him....? you are kidding right? He cheated.

Make no mistake at all the ONLY thing they regret about all of this is that they were caught...

Don't forget it was only a couple of months ago that the lot of them were giggling like schoolboys in a press conference about the "head butt"

They deserve all the poop poop thrown at them all.

Yes, he cheated, just as most of the cricket family have over the years. 

On a humane level I think its gone OTT, so I do feel for him. 

To be rolled out and face up to the media took guts. Whens the last time a footballer had to do that when theyve blatently cheated? I cant think of anyone.    

11 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Yes, he cheated, just as most of the cricket family have over the years. 

On a humane level I think its gone OTT, so I do feel for him. 

To be rolled out and face up to the media took guts. Whens the last time a footballer had to do that when theyve blatently cheated? I cant think of anyone.    

a sniveling lite snidey cheat playing for a horrible snidey coach in a team full of snidey cheats.... he deserves everything he gets in fact the ban is far too lenient I would say.

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

a sniveling lite snidey cheat playing for a horrible snidey coach in a team full of snidey cheats.... he deserves everything he gets in fact the ban is far too lenient I would say.

glad you mention the coach, I seem to remember him being bowled out by Harbajan Singh about 15 years ago and smashing up the dressing room whilst shouting out a load of really racist abuse. He got a fine and maybe a small ban, but I think had he been an England player, he'd never have been allowed anywhere near the team as player or coach following the racism.

Funny how it's never mentioned, not that I've seen or heard.

31 minutes ago, Moist One said:

glad you mention the coach, I seem to remember him being bowled out by Harbajan Singh about 15 years ago and smashing up the dressing room whilst shouting out a load of really racist abuse. He got a fine and maybe a small ban, but I think had he been an England player, he'd never have been allowed anywhere near the team as player or coach following the racism.

Funny how it's never mentioned, not that I've seen or heard.

In South Africa, he whined and bleated about how unfair those nasty South African fans were for booing his fine upstanding players. I thought for a while that there were two Darren Lehmanns - the sensitive one and the obnoxious hypocritical scumbag who told the Australian crowd that they should barrack Stuart Broad so that he 'went home in tears' over the fact that Broad didn't walk after edging a catch to the keeper a couple of years before.

One thing that has been interesting to watch in the fourth test between South Africa and Australia is the fact that even though they are getting thrashed, the Australians are playing with smiles on their faces as opposed to the usual sneers. I honestly think that the ones that remain are relieved that the rotten apples have now been scraped out of the barrel.

21 minutes ago, curtains said:

Dropped crucial catches I’m afraid. 

The bowlers nearly got there and Broad has done well in this match. 

Will watch the highlights later.

Sounds like we got obsessed with bowling short in the final session, when we could have persevered with Leach from one end and pitching it up at the other.

3 hours ago, curtains said:

Dropped crucial catches I’m afraid. 

The bowlers nearly got there and Broad has done well in this match. 

About time Broad had a good match. He has been poor for quite a while, and just when you think he can't last much longer in the team he has an absolute blinder.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

About time Broad had a good match. He has been poor for quite a while, and just when you think he can't last much longer in the team he has an absolute blinder.

He’s changed his bowling action and it seems to have increased his speed. 

Long may it last.  

• 3 weeks later...

The ECB are introducing an 'exciting' new concept of 100-ball cricket.

"The ECB believes the concept will help to appeal to families and a more diverse and younger audience, and provide some distinction from the T20 Blast."

I thought it was an April Fool's joke when I read it. Can't see it doing much for Derbyshire cricket.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43824037

Archived