England Cricket 2018

Brian Mcculloch Glasgow

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/01/2018 at 12:26, Posh Ram said:

The Currans are both class. Have watched them at the Oval a lot.

Sam has potential as a proper all-rounder, and he's a left-arm bowler. Will be absolute dynamite in the England squad in a couple of years' time. Add Jofra Archer to those two (once he's qualified) and we will have a pretty good bowling attack.

We need a really quick bowler for next time we play in Oz. Dont think either of the currans fit that bill?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mighty England, at the time of writing this post are 23-8 and in danger of recording the lowest test innings score of all time.

27 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

The proud tradition of batting collapses continues.

Indeed. When the No 9 batsman scores more than the rest of the team added together, and the last-wicket partnership contributes more than 50% of the total.

Kane Williamson really struggling for New Zealand too - not got his hundred yet.

Shambles!

Nothing learned from the Ashes whatsoever. Pretty much the same failing batting line up again, a seam bowling attack of 4 x 80mph right armers and a part time spinner who no longer gets us any runs, yet still plays in preference to Jack Leach.

Bad times.

PistoldPete2

I thought stokes absence was the big deal which cost us the Ashes. So much for that. we just cant play Test cricket away from home.

So many players not performing ,Cook  Root , Bairstow ,stokes, Ali. well noone realy did anything apart from Overton.

PistoldPete2
12 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

The proud tradition of batting collapses continues.

This wasnt a collapse... we never got off the floor in the first place.

After all their claims of England ball tampering in the ashes as well!!! 

Another Aussie hypocrisy this week was the criticism of the South African fans for personally abusing the Aussie players!!! Talk about pot calling kettle!! Do they just close their ears at the Gabba every year?! I witnessed it 4 years ago, never heard abuse like it!! Tremlett in particular got a pounding! The Aussie fans are the worst by a country mile!!

15 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

After all their claims of England ball tampering in the ashes as well!!! 

Another Aussie hypocrisy this week was the criticism of the South African fans for personally abusing the Aussie players!!! Talk about pot calling kettle!! Do they just close their ears at the Gabba every year?! I witnessed it 4 years ago, never heard abuse like it!! Tremlett in particular got a pounding! The Aussie fans are the worst by a country mile!!

I have to say, I am absolutely loving the whole thing. The Australians have always said they play hard but fair. Well that's now ******** and I couldn't be happier that it's happened to such an obnoxious group as Smith, Warner and Lehmann. They are a pathetic combination of thug and cry baby.

I liked what Robert Key said earlier - that he is just sick of Steve Smith. Couldn't agree more.

Archived