England Cricket 2018

Brian Mcculloch Glasgow

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Carnero said:

481/6... funny as it seems they will be disappointed not to have made the magic 500, having been 450/3 with 24 balls remaining and the previous two 50's having been scored off 18 balls & 24 balls!

My fault, I tuned in only to see Australia take 2 wickets in 2 balls.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

481/6... funny as it seems they will be disappointed not to have made the magic 500, having been 450/3 with 24 balls remaining and the previous two 50's having been scored off 18 balls & 24 balls!

Well, there are another couple of games to go in the series.

PistoldPete2
5 hours ago, Carnero said:

Yes I think if stokes had been playing we might have got the magic 500. It will happen soon enough. 

9 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes I think if stokes had been playing we might have got the magic 500. It will happen soon enough. 

If Stokes had been playing, Hales wouldn't have been.

England Women just smashed a world record 250-3 in the T20 tri-series against South Africa, who are playing back-to-back games today. Earlier, New Zealand set a new world record of 216-1 against SA. It didn't last long.

Buttler beats Australia on his own in an absolute classic to give England a 5-0 whitewash over Australia.

Buttler 110*, rest of England 98-9.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Buttler beats Australia on his own in an absolute classic to give England a 5-0 whitewash over Australia.

...and 12 of those were  extras, (or sundries if you prefer).

On 20 June 2018 at 19:26, eddie said:

England Women just smashed a world record 250-3 in the T20 tri-series against South Africa, who are playing back-to-back games today. Earlier, New Zealand set a new world record of 216-1 against SA. It didn't last long.

Watched the women's double header. Enjoyed it but the fielding was embarrassing, I was a better fielder as a school kid...........

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, eddie said:

Poor from England but still enough to beat the Aussies. What a good day for English sport... 5-0 in the cricket, and 6-1 in the football.

13 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Watched the women's double header. Enjoyed it but the fielding was embarrassing, I was a better fielder as a school kid...........

It's a bit hit and miss. I've seen some brilliant fielding from the women - and, as you say, some schoolgirl errors.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

It's a bit hit and miss. I've seen some brilliant fielding from the women - and, as you say, some schoolgirl errors.

Amidst some of the poor out fielding - the shining light is the wicket keeper Sarah Taylor who's glovework is simply outstanding.

Archived