Sign in to follow this  
Brian Mcculloch Glasgow

England Cricket 2018

27 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

The proud tradition of batting collapses continues.

Indeed. When the No 9 batsman scores more than the rest of the team added together, and the last-wicket partnership contributes more than 50% of the total.

Kane Williamson really struggling for New Zealand too - not got his hundred yet.

Shambles!

Nothing learned from the Ashes whatsoever. Pretty much the same failing batting line up again, a seam bowling attack of 4 x 80mph right armers and a part time spinner who no longer gets us any runs, yet still plays in preference to Jack Leach.

Bad times.

Edited by Carnero

PistoldPete2

I thought stokes absence was the big deal which cost us the Ashes. So much for that. we just cant play Test cricket away from home.

So many players not performing ,Cook  Root , Bairstow ,stokes, Ali. well noone realy did anything apart from Overton.

PistoldPete2
12 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

The proud tradition of batting collapses continues.

This wasnt a collapse... we never got off the floor in the first place.

After all their claims of England ball tampering in the ashes as well!!! 

Another Aussie hypocrisy this week was the criticism of the South African fans for personally abusing the Aussie players!!! Talk about pot calling kettle!! Do they just close their ears at the Gabba every year?! I witnessed it 4 years ago, never heard abuse like it!! Tremlett in particular got a pounding! The Aussie fans are the worst by a country mile!!

Surely Smith cant survive this. Basically saying it was planned cheating. 

Unfortunately its another nail in Test match cricket. 

15 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

After all their claims of England ball tampering in the ashes as well!!! 

Another Aussie hypocrisy this week was the criticism of the South African fans for personally abusing the Aussie players!!! Talk about pot calling kettle!! Do they just close their ears at the Gabba every year?! I witnessed it 4 years ago, never heard abuse like it!! Tremlett in particular got a pounding! The Aussie fans are the worst by a country mile!!

I have to say, I am absolutely loving the whole thing. The Australians have always said they play hard but fair. Well that's now ******** and I couldn't be happier that it's happened to such an obnoxious group as Smith, Warner and Lehmann. They are a pathetic combination of thug and cry baby.

I liked what Robert Key said earlier - that he is just sick of Steve Smith. Couldn't agree more.

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

They can dish it out but not take it and now they have got what they deserve on and off the pitch.

Probably deserve a bit more off the pitch, thought they'd have given more than fine and 1 match ban to Smith and just a fine to bancroft. Expect Smith will lose the captaincy too I suppose

55 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Probably deserve a bit more off the pitch, thought they'd have given more than fine and 1 match ban to Smith and just a fine to bancroft. Expect Smith will lose the captaincy too I suppose

It's difficult to see how he could possibly keep the captaincy in any normal situation. Likewise Lehmann (I don't think anyone believes he had nothing to do with it).

However, I am not sure Cricket Australia is normal.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Joe. said:

Well i would hope so.. surprised he hasnt resigned already.