NFL 17/18

CumbrianRam

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I doubt Falcons would beat either the Vikings or the Saints in their respective domes. Falcons are the lowest seed remember so they'd be @ whoever won the other game.

Falcons have more practice in the NO Superdome than most teams but still. Vikings or Saints at home would be huge favourites.

Yeah I don't disagree with any of that SaintRam, more that if the Eagles were to win this and then get past the NO/MIN hurdle then I think they'd be easy pickings for the pats. More so than the Falcons and the other two NFC teams. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Yeah I don't disagree with any of that SaintRam, more that if the Eagles were to win this and then get past the NO/MIN hurdle then I think they'd be easy pickings for the pats. More so than the Falcons and the other two NFC teams. 

Ah I see, I read your post the other way.

On this showing, its hard to see how either of these teams would get past Saints/Vikings.

Falcons best chance is if Saints win. Even though they'll be at the Superdome, its one of the biggest rivalries in the NFL and they can just have special games.

I don't think Eagles get past either, even at home - based on their performances since Wentz' injury.

Nah neither do I but I kinda hope the Eagles win today, they deserve a bit more PO action after their season. 

Don't think I'll be staying up for the Titans/Pats game but that should be straightforward enough. I'd love to wake up to Mariota, Murray and Matthews having done a job on them though. :D 

That was awful play-calling from the Falcons at the goal-line. Just awful.

A season of playing hard to call terrible plays when in the redzone, consecutively, to lose the game. Madness.

So happy for Case Keenum, seems like a super nice guy and playing out of his skin. So cool to see a journeyman have his moment in the sun.

Minnesota are the one team left I think could take the Patriots, that defense is a match for their offense. Really hope the first ever home Super Bowl is on the cards...

I'm so sad for Marcus Williams.

He's had one hell of a rookie year, but that meltdown on the last play will go down in infamy.

Not entirely down to him, should have made the 3rd & 1 on offense to win the game, but still. You don't see defensive errors like that in the NFL, maybe in college. 

The odds of the Vikings winning that game even when Diggs made that catch were so low. Williams does anything other than what he actually did and Saints win.

Such a shitty way for the season to end but it was a good run. Over half the team is under 26 years old, so another good draft and we'll have another go at the SB.

8 hours ago, David said:

@SaintRam You can change your username in your account settings, I think VikingRam is still available

The Saint in my name and me supporting the NO Saints is pure coincidence. I assume you sent this when it was 17-0 at HT? I couldnt stay up to watch it, I leave for work at 6am and forgot to take the day off. Still it would be a day off mourning if I had.

To be fair, that HT score sorta made it worse. Saints fanbase had come to terms with the loss at that point. Then they go and play well and get 99% of the way to winning before ******** the bed.

Jaguars are my team from here on out.

LSU's Leonard Fournette is their star. Was basically LSU's only player when I started watching them.

Although if they get past the Patriots the Superbowl is a formality.

Want Vikings to win if not Jags, then Eagles, then Patriots.

18 minutes ago, David said:

Done his ankle in hasn't he?

Don't think so. He came back after it during the game, not heard of it getting worse. Besides he'd play through it anyway, he's had a bad ankle since he was a teenager.

Archived