Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City have already added a couple of players to their squad since the January transfer window opened.Ryan Kent has signed on loan from Liverpool, with Liam Walsh joining from Everton on a permanent deal.

Coach Johnson said "I think we’ve got enough to give it a really good go, to go and get a number of wins before the end of the season."

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

For @Inverurie Ram I have to say Massive Attack are a poor man's Portishead. Let's hope this season's Roads leads to the Premier League:

There's a real danger of overconfidence in this fixture. Their fans seem to have low expectations and hope they can get back on it after the matches against us and Man City. Plenty on here will see their recent form and expect an easy three points - it will be nothing of the sort. They've been brilliant so far and are fighting for their season and we've seen how well they played against both Manchester teams. I don't doubt they'll raise their game again.

I'm thrilled it's Friday night under the floodlights as I love the atmosphere of evening games - when in the olden days footballers were magical humans with four shadows. Win this and we put so much pressure on the chasing pack to try to keep up. Lose and it's an open invitation to come after us. I want us to stand strong and make a statement to the rest of the division that it's going to be well nigh impossible to keep up with us and they'd be better off not bothering, instead simply scrapping for the playoff places among themselves. I want Bristol's attacks to crumble against a rock solid defence as we impose ourselves on the game and clinically put it out of their reach.

I think Rowett will go unchanged, giving Winnall a final chance to prove he should be a starter. Ledley back on the bench instead of Jamie Hanson. After hobbling at the end and coming off injured, the big hope has to be that Super Matej Vydra is fit and raring to go and to bag some more goals. There must be a doubt over Tom Lawrence too but every player will want to keep playing and to keep their place. If Jerome has signed and Martin has gone, I'll wave a sad goodbye but cheer the new recruit onto the bench and hope he bullies a tiring Bristol defence to score a debut goal when he comes on.

Every game from now on is vital. Some are more vital than others. This is one of theose and we need to be on our game from the first minute to last. Come on you Rams!

Great post and I agree that Bristol City are close to Wolves in their passing ability and present a real threat.

I just hope we don’t have one of our nervy starts. Sometimes it seems that being second weighs heavily and we are tentative until our first real attack. That dribbly Birmingham effort which hit the post in the first half came during a period of dozy defending. Bristol won’t let us off.

We have to use the motivation of defeat down there to show who’s boss.

I’m nervous and excited all at once which I guess is how football is supposed to make you fee!

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Great post and I agree that Bristol City are close to Wolves in their passing ability and present a real threat.

I just hope we don’t have one of our nervy starts. Sometimes it seems that being second weighs heavily and we are tentative until our first real attack. That dribbly Birmingham effort which hit the post in the first half came during a period of dozy defending. Bristol won’t let us off.

We have to use the motivation of defeat down there to show who’s boss.

I’m nervous and excited all at once which I guess is how football is supposed to make you fee!

Yes agree this is out hardest test yet. One thing is certain we will not see much of the ball so fans need to be patient  Don't take any notice of them losing their last three they are a very good side It may sound defeatist but I will settle for a draw

Not much on their forum, but from the few bits I could see discussing their game:

• Not expecting to bring many fans - maybe 800 tops
  • They'd be happy with a point. Are seriously worried about losing 8 games in a row given the run of games
  • They seem to still think we're the same team they walked over in the early part of the season while we were still figuring our **** out.

10 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Carson
Baird Keogh Davies Forsyth
    Huddlestone Thorne
Russell     Vydra    Lawrence
               Winnall

I'd stick apart from swapping Baird for Wisdom. I like Andre a lot, but I feel like we could use Baird's experience in this one.

Win and we separate ourselves from Brizzle for the moment, and we put pressure on Cardiff with a 5 point gap at the start of their game.

This is the kind of game that a strong contender for the automatic slots would win. Not to get ahead of myself of course - there are plenty of points up for grabs for everyone. I've got one eye on Cardiff and the other on Villa.

image.png.c7667b0a5a404776c569cb27a5a196f7.png

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We need to be patient with this one. They will have most of the ball (so the usual wrist slashers will be on here moaning about that straight away), we just need to be solid and clinical as we have been in recent matches and hopefully we can counter attack them to death.

yep, I don't think a draw is good enough for them

TobyWanKenobi

Same team with the exception of throwing Jerome in up top. Make a name for himself straight away with the first goal. :thumbsup:

Let's be positive.

I believe Bristol will feel they need to beat us and I think rowett will treat it similar to a tough away game ,I think we will be sent out with instructions to be solid , patient and not go gung ho all out attack and for me that’s the right approach as we have shown we are bloody good at it so far ,I’m hoping that the crowd don’t get on the players backs if it pans out that way , we need to make it a tough physical battle and be in their faces for every ball then when we win the ball hit them at pace ,if we can get the first goal we can force them into mistakes and over committing,,, this is a massive game for us and I’m hoping that the manner of the loss they inflicted on us adds an extra determination to our lads to beat them ,,,,,

this is one very very big game , a loss does not kill us but a win could very much set us up for a real auto promotion push 

2- 1 to the rams with us going two up before Bristol get one back in a tight fought match, vyds frgs 

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We need to be patient with this one. They will have most of the ball (so the usual wrist slashers will be on here moaning about that straight away), we just need to be solid and clinical as we have been in recent matches and hopefully we can counter attack them to death.

In the last home game, not for the first time, we allowed the opposition far too much of the ball in and around our penalty area but fortunately they could not take advantage. Bristol City certainly would do so given the opportunity

21 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

In the last home game, not for the first time, we allowed the opposition far too much of the ball in and around our penalty area but fortunately they could not take advantage. Bristol City certainly would do so given the opportunity

I agree to an extent ,what I’m hoping is more like the villa match where in the main we were so organised that they were often forced back to the half way line and we did not dive in on tackles we didn’t need to ,giving silly free kicks in dangerous positions , we sprung into the tackle when we could win it and off we went quick smart 

6 minutes ago, archied said:

I agree to an extent ,what I’m hoping is more like the villa match where in the main we were so organised that they were often forced back to the half way line and we did not dive in on tackles we didn’t need to ,giving silly free kicks in dangerous positions , we sprung into the tackle when we could win it and off we went quick smart 

I loved that against Villa. The Derby crowd saw what was happening and when their attacks were repeatedly pushed back there was a collective "well done" and rounds of applause. Was very impressive for those who appreciate all aspects of good football.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I loved that against Villa. The Derby crowd saw what was happening and when their attacks were repeatedly pushed back there was a collective "well done" and rounds of applause. Was very impressive for those who appreciate all aspects of good football.

Me too , really seemed that we were controlling the game without having the ball then choosing the right time to nick it off them and spring into attack with real pace and intent ,,, for me it was the best all round performance I’ve seen under Gary 

7 hours ago, Srg said:

Not expecting to bring many fans - maybe 800 tops

Some of their forum said they were expected to bring as little as 375 fans, really pathetic turnout, I know it's a Friday night match, but currently we're playoff/top 2 rivals.

Archived