Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

EFL Championship

Fri 19 Jan, 19:45 7.45pm

Pride Park Stadium, Derby

Right boys, girls and Australians next up we have Bristol City, I won’t call em carrot crunchers because David will tell me off. Also bumpkins is a no go area to apparently, but I’m told I’m safe with Ciderhead, Worzels and me luvvers.

Ow arh, they’re having a rough old time at the mo are them cider drinkers, not won a league game in the last 3 attempts, they seem to have lost their snake bite a bit.

Anyrode, they’re up against the real ale brigade on Friday night and we’ll be feeling bitter about the result down there early in the season. A result you could argue that turned our season onto the right track.  It would be nice to roll out the barrel and rectify that result, but a wins vital nether the less.

who will play? Dunno, we seem to have two great teams home and away.

All I do know is that Huddlestone will score his first goal for Derby! Hoorah!

oh! And don’t forget, as we are on Sky, the game won’t be on RamsTV.  

But it is kids for a quid, so if you want the chance to see the lads in the flesh (not naked)get down to the ticket office or book tickets online and cheer the lads on in person! I’ll give you a wave from the east stand.

Whats word on d’street?

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ticket sales must be good surely? They are soooo focussed on the Fizzy Cup, and they were very impressive at The Etihad. Could work in our favour but all we can do is play The Derby Way. Awww crap I’ve said it. Well I am drinking. Still think they are a very good footballing side 

Just now, SKRam said:

Ticket sales must be good surely? They are soooo focussed on the Fizzy Cup, and they were very impressive at The Etihad. Could work in our favour but all we can do is play The Derby Way. Awww crap I’ve said it. Well I am drinking. Still think they are a very good footballing side 

Do you think they’d rather beat us or City? Both obviously, but surely promotions got to be their target? The cup run could derail their whole season.

Just now, Boycie said:

Do you think they’d rather beat us or City? Both obviously, but surely promotions got to be their target? The cup run could derail their whole season.

I genuinely think as footballers they want the glory of beating City I really do. Above the league yes, I don’t blame them, I think I would as a player. I think the cup run has affected their league performances already? 

1 minute ago, SKRam said:

I genuinely think as footballers they want the glory of beating City I really do. Above the league yes, I don’t blame them, I think I would as a player. I think the cup run has affected their league performances already? 

I agree, would you give 100% on Friday night risk a muscle injury and miss the big game? 

Im sure they will try, but like you say, they’re only human and the big game and shop window is looming isn’t it?

11 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Yeah it has imo. Guess their cup run is kind of an advantage for us. Their 'hype' will be good for us

Anyone fancy watching this in Aberdeen at McGinty’s Meal an Ale Bar?.....504 Union Street, Aberdeen AB10 1TT

www.mcgintysmealanale.co.uk

Fri 19 Jan, 7:45pm Sky Sports

4 Aberdeenshire Rams will be meeting up, including a new recruit from Stonehaven at Aberdeen McGinty's Meal an Ale Bar.

So if you fancy joining us and treating us all to some nuts. Come along.

2qsbiqc.jpg

Get into the Bristol City with their Massive Attack and all that.......

Problem with Joe now is that he will need two or three proper games to get up to match fitness and we need everyone on the pitch right now at 100%.

Can’t  seen him starting for a month unless GT or TH injured.

I really think our priority should be to bring in proper cover for this position.

Carson
Baird Keogh Davies Forsyth
    Huddlestone Thorne
Russell     Vydra    Lawrence
               Winnall

I'd stick apart from swapping Baird for Wisdom. I like Andre a lot, but I feel like we could use Baird's experience in this one.

Win and we separate ourselves from Brizzle for the moment, and we put pressure on Cardiff with a 5 point gap at the start of their game.

This is the kind of game that a strong contender for the automatic slots would win. Not to get ahead of myself of course - there are plenty of points up for grabs for everyone. I've got one eye on Cardiff and the other on Villa.

Looking forward to this game, these are the games players look forward to, we owe Bristol after what they did to us at there place, think it will be the same team, with one change Nugent in for Winnell, I have been impressed with Bristol this season, but I think we will have to much for them, and I believe we will win this one 3-1,  with Nugent, Vydra and at last Huddlestone to score, think we will have a good crowd, and hope everyone gets behind us and drives us onto victory, win this and confidence in the squad will be sky high. Let's put a show on for the sky cameras.

1 hour ago, caymanram said:

Problem with Joe now is that he will need two or three proper games to get up to match fitness and we need everyone on the pitch right now at 100%.

Can’t  seen him starting for a month unless GT or TH injured.

I really think our priority should be to bring in proper cover for this position.

He did on fairness come straight into the team after quite a long period being out of work, and has been immense, he could easily do it again, but shifting Thorne after playing so well....., loving the fact we can have a debate about who too play there

For @Inverurie Ram I have to say Massive Attack are a poor man's Portishead. Let's hope this season's Roads leads to the Premier League:

There's a real danger of overconfidence in this fixture. Their fans seem to have low expectations and hope they can get back on it after the matches against us and Man City. Plenty on here will see their recent form and expect an easy three points - it will be nothing of the sort. They've been brilliant so far and are fighting for their season and we've seen how well they played against both Manchester teams. I don't doubt they'll raise their game again.

I'm thrilled it's Friday night under the floodlights as I love the atmosphere of evening games - when in the olden days footballers were magical humans with four shadows. Win this and we put so much pressure on the chasing pack to try to keep up. Lose and it's an open invitation to come after us. I want us to stand strong and make a statement to the rest of the division that it's going to be well nigh impossible to keep up with us and they'd be better off not bothering, instead simply scrapping for the playoff places among themselves. I want Bristol's attacks to crumble against a rock solid defence as we impose ourselves on the game and clinically put it out of their reach.

I think Rowett will go unchanged, giving Winnall a final chance to prove he should be a starter. Ledley back on the bench instead of Jamie Hanson. After hobbling at the end and coming off injured, the big hope has to be that Super Matej Vydra is fit and raring to go and to bag some more goals. There must be a doubt over Tom Lawrence too but every player will want to keep playing and to keep their place. If Jerome has signed and Martin has gone, I'll wave a sad goodbye but cheer the new recruit onto the bench and hope he bullies a tiring Bristol defence to score a debut goal when he comes on.

Every game from now on is vital. Some are more vital than others. This is one of theose and we need to be on our game from the first minute to last. Come on you Rams!

29 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

For @Inverurie Ram I have to say Massive Attack are a poor man's Portishead. Let's hope this season's Roads leads to the Premier League:

There's a real danger of overconfidence in this fixture. Their fans seem to have low expectations and hope they can get back on it after the matches against us and Man City. Plenty on here will see their recent form and expect an easy three points - it will be nothing of the sort. They've been brilliant so far and are fighting for their season and we've seen how well they played against both Manchester teams. I don't doubt they'll raise their game again.

I'm thrilled it's Friday night under the floodlights as I love the atmosphere of evening games - when in the olden days footballers were magical humans with four shadows. Win this and we put so much pressure on the chasing pack to try to keep up. Lose and it's an open invitation to come after us. I want us to stand strong and make a statement to the rest of the division that it's going to be well nigh impossible to keep up with us and they'd be better off not bothering, instead simply scrapping for the playoff places among themselves. I want Bristol's attacks to crumble against a rock solid defence as we impose ourselves on the game and clinically put it out of their reach.

I think Rowett will go unchanged, giving Winnall a final chance to prove he should be a starter. Ledley back on the bench instead of Jamie Hanson. After hobbling at the end and coming off injured, the big hope has to be that Super Matej Vydra is fit and raring to go and to bag some more goals. There must be a doubt over Tom Lawrence too but every player will want to keep playing and to keep their place. If Jerome has signed and Martin has gone, I'll wave a sad goodbye but cheer the new recruit onto the bench and hope he bullies a tiring Bristol defence to score a debut goal when he comes on.

Every game from now on is vital. Some are more vital than others. This is one of theose and we need to be on our game from the first minute to last. Come on you Rams!

Very evocative!

Think he will go nugent/vydra though......gr likes to keep the strikers on their toes (Martin is permanently on his unfortunately!)

Archived