Moan in

RedSox

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Not listening but has this caller heard on East Midlands Tonight, report saying Rowett is looking at bringing in ‘something different’....... I hesitate to think just what, well, who, that could be!!!!! 

A mechanical rodeo bull?

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Don't forget the caller that wanted that guy from Boro but didn't know his name!! Turned out to be £15 mil summer signing Assombalonga! Where do these people come from!

Think he was actually talking about Adam Traore  and had seen the same clip from Saturday where he went past three players in he blink of a eye.But the guy could not remember his name and settled n Assombalonga when it was suggested.

3 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Don't forget the caller that wanted that guy from Boro but didn't know his name!! Turned out to be £15 mil summer signing Assombalonga! Where do these people come from!

Enigma I think actually he meant Traore because he said he had blond mohican and was very fast and went passed people as though they were not there Boro just turned son £10million bid from West Ham for him  You would think though if you go on radio to talk about a player you would like to we signed you would know their name 

Was a relief to hear sanity from the last caller, whose common sense gave some indication that there are many moan in callers out there who do have a grasp of reality. 

Sadly the days when a Rams manager could go over the chairman's head and buy a Colin Todd are part of Derby folklore. Would have been incredible to have been alive back then. Guess there are a generation of fans whose expectations still very much run in line with the bravado of the Clough era. 

I guess my moan in call in the future will be demanding why can't the club sign one of the best creative midfielders in Europe, i.e. Asanovic, Eranio, Kinkladze etc. When players of that ilk are currently going for tens of millions of pounds. 

Guess it's easy to have expectations planted firmly in the glories of bygone years when the game has changed so much. 

12 minutes ago, Manicsheepreacher said:

Was a relief to hear sanity from the last caller, whose common sense gave some indication that there are many moan in callers out there who do have a grasp of reality. 

Sadly the days when a Rams manager could go over the chairman's head and buy a Colin Todd are part of Derby folklore. Would have been incredible to have been alive back then. Guess there are a generation of fans whose expectations still very much run in line with the bravado of the Clough era. 

I guess my moan in call in the future will be demanding why can't the club sign one of the best creative midfielders in Europe, i.e. Asanovic, Eranio, Kinkladze etc. When players of that ilk are currently going for tens of millions of pounds. 

Guess it's easy to have expectations planted firmly in the glories of bygone years when the game has changed so much. 

I lived through it and witnessed much from that incredible era Manic and to be totally honest ( he says with deadpan face) I will be amazed if Gary doesnt win the premier league with Derby by 2020, fall out with Mel season after, leave for Man United and last 44 days come back to east mids and have Forest as league champions and double champions league winners by 2025. Hang on to yer hats ladies n gents. Its just getting going.:D

Archived