Russell’s tackle on Maghoma

Kernow

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

If it's not a red, it'll become the norm. Are people seriously suggesting a rugby tackle three or four times a game to stop threatening attacks shouldn't be a red?

It was a professional foul and with no attempt to play the ball can definitely be given as a red card. The rule book doesn't say intent to hurt or being overly aggressive. 

It was extremely cynical and I do believe it should have been a red. Have to ask fans on here, if that was Vydra breaking free and someone did that to him in the middle of the attacking half, what would you want their player to be given?

They won’t get the chance to do it three or four times if they’re getting a yellow each time.

If it happened to Vydra I’d be frustrated but it still wouldn’t make it a red card.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, lioncoeur said:

1442incik6847240.jpg

He was holding him back or slowing him down. Whatever.

Just wanted to give him a cuddle because he looked so sad at being beaten by derby, playing in a team going down and having to play home games at st andrews. No more rugby tackle than JR showing hes a man of compassion for those less fortunate #hugarubbishplayer

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Just been thinking, I’ve recently been critical of Johnny Russell of late, especially not helping out to retain possession and helping out his defender.

Well, Saturday he’d was really impressive, well done lad.

I like to give praise as well when deserved, and he deserved some after the last performance, keep it up Johnny ??

Agreed, thought the awareness to stop that risk was incredible, defence out of position and player on the ball was one of their most dangerous.  Might have not been pretty but in its way was impressive game appreciation

8 hours ago, Ramchop said:

Ok, so say this tackle is now a straight red. Where do you draw the line? A handful of shirt? An arm on a shoulder? If it's too ambiguous then it will lead to a complete loss of any physicality in the game

9 hours ago, Spanish said:

Rules are clear, so how do you articulate the rule to make that a consistent red.  What about if he had tripped him or pulled his shirt?  Does it matter which half the offence took place?  

RC I agree this is what I said earlier

Archived