Vydra; could he end up being the top scorer in this division?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Did he go off injured yesterday? Live text on BBC seemed to suggest so. Any Intel? 

If he stays fit I can't see anyone else who'll score more than him. Great turnaround for him, delighted he's been given the opportunity to shine.

Was a bit of running down the clock I heard, shouldn't be too worried, he will bag a brace on Friday night ?.

1 hour ago, RodleyRam said:

Did he go off injured yesterday? Live text on BBC seemed to suggest so. Any Intel? 

If he stays fit I can't see anyone else who'll score more than him. Great turnaround for him, delighted he's been given the opportunity to shine.

Fingers crossed,I Have a bet with bet 365 20 euros ew at 10/1 for top goal scorer,1/4 odds 1,2 ,3,4,he is 7/2 fav now,also had 150 at 5/4 to win yesterday,piece of cake

23 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

His goal today was hilarious. Thought he’d completely ******* it, on his week foot with a crap angle, then just hit it as hard as possible; goal.

The bloke is on fire, if we keep thsi form up, he’ll be top goal scorer for the league. 

He hasn't got a week foot he scores with either got a rocket left but takes pens with his right 

TobyWanKenobi
42 minutes ago, curtains said:

Should have got him from Cov he’s a good striker.

He's bound to find somewhere he fits in after bouncing around 15+ different clubs.

On 13/01/2018 at 21:23, SKRam said:

Fewer minutes please boss. Sorry, grammar police after three pints 

Hi. Internet virgin here chipping in.

In this instance, "less" is correct. "Fewer" is used for countable nouns, but @David was referring to a period of time. "Minutes" are a measurement of time. We still use "less" when referring to measurements of time because it is the time period we are referring to, rather than each individual minute itself. Minutes are a measurement we put to an abstract concept - David was saying that Vydra has scored more goals in less time, not fewer time. That he chose minutes as a measurement to make the point does not chance the point itself.

Hence why we say "less than two years", not "fewer than two years."

6 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Hi. Internet virgin here chipping in.

In this instance, "less" is correct. "Fewer" is used for countable nouns, but @David was referring to a period of time. "Minutes" are a measurement of time. We still use "less" when referring to measurements of time because it is the time period we are referring to, rather than each individual minute itself. Minutes are a measurement we put to an abstract concept - David was saying that Vydra has scored more goals in less time, not fewer time. That he chose minutes as a measurement to make the point does not chance the point itself.

Hence why we say "less than two years", not "fewer than two years."

Don't think so.....if we said less than 1000 minutes, then yes its the amount of time

but "in less minutes" doesn't reference a time period it refers to the units. Therefore fewer.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Don't think so.....if we said less than 1000 minutes, then yes its the amount of time

but "in less minutes" doesn't reference a time period it refers to the units. Therefore fewer.

Don't argue with the teacher, we're here to learn.

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Vydra is deadly. I think he could get another 15

That is something I’d love to see, one of our strikers having a return of 30 goals in one given season. Would love that to happen ??

Lets hope this becomes a reality because with that return and RK & CD at the back with SC in the nets we’re giving ourselves an excellent opportunity of promotion ????

I think this is an interesting piece by Nicholson (and Rowett too) about the difference in his play.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/matej-vydra-gary-rowett-rams-1064761

Back in October/November time a huge chunk of debate here was about if Vydra could operate that no.10 properly or if he was really just playing as a striker. Looking at it now, his work rate and his passing vision have improved immensely and his overall game is ten times better. He closes down, isn’t just looking to shoot at every opportunity and pulls opposition players out of position. Looks like a class player now, not just a goal scorer 

Vydra will end up as top scorer in the Championship.

Don't shout it from the rooftops as we don't want a "bigger" club trying to nick him off us in the Jan window.

He is priceless in our push over the last 19 league games and then he'll be a Premiership player anyway.

PS same goes for Scott C at the other end!

Archived