Vydra; could he end up being the top scorer in this division?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

His goal today was hilarious. Thought he’d completely ******* it, on his week foot with a crap angle, then just hit it as hard as possible; goal.

The bloke is on fire, if we keep thsi form up, he’ll be top goal scorer for the league. 

You say "on his weak foot" but I've genuinely been wondering which is his weaker foot. He scores with either foot, smashing the ball in with both. With either foot he hits it harder than any Rams' player I've seen for ages. Reckon he's pretty much ambidextrous. And comfortably Premier League ability.

The Watford fans have seen him play well to the extent an even younger Vydra won Championship Player of the Season with them. Most of them think he didn't get a fair crack of the whip in the top flight and even earlier in the season when they were top four, they were saying he was the missing link.

Brilliant from Matej to have persevered and be playing so well, with another great finish today. Brilliant of Rowett to recognize how to return him to his best, when most of us had given up hope and thought our record transfer would always be an expensive flop. Now he looks a bargain. Can he end up Championship top scorer? Er, yes. He has to be favourite.

46 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

The thing that surprises me is the lack of reported interest in trying to get him off us. He's young but experienced, has generally proven himself over his career and is quite possibly having the best season of his career also. 

That's because Mel has instructed his PA that if anyone rings up about Vyds to tell them to **** off!! 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

What an outstanding season. Even more remarkable when you consider his form last season.

Top scorer? Who knows. But I think he’ll at least hit 20 this season. 

It would take either an injury or an INCREDIBLE drop off in form for him not to make 20 goals this season.

15 hours ago, Coconut said:

More interested in shots per goal than minutes per goal really. 15 goals from 47 shots now for Vydra, a remarkable record, surely well in advance of anyone else, and to boot he's not really even playing in his preferred position.

What would be his preferred position?

IMO he is playing in a role which suits him perfectly and we are reaping the benefits.

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

What would be his preferred position?

IMO he is playing in a role which suits him perfectly and we are reaping the benefits.

This IS his preferred position. He’s stated as much 100 times as has GR calling him the best 10 in the division.

coconut got that wrong 

Archived