Nelson Oliveira

Animal is a Ram

Good player, decent goals to game ratio at this level but 8 million for a striker when we have 5, wouldn't want this to happen unless we sold Bent and Martin, permanently, and for a decent fee.

Guess at 26 he isnt old which is good, although would rather us spend big on a younger striker of we were opting to. In all honesty think left back, defensive mid and even another wide man are of higher priority for me.

All in all, not sure. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Would be a great fit and can easily make the step up to the prem. He tore us apart last season. I get the feeling that he's one of those players who is better than 90% of players in this league if his head's right. He's certainly got the talent.

When you have over 15 Portuguese caps, talent wise you should be alright in Championship...

32 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Good player, decent goals to game ratio at this level but 8 million for a striker when we have 5, wouldn't want this to happen unless we sold Bent and Martin, permanently, and for a decent fee.

Guess at 26 he isnt old which is good, although would rather us spend big on a younger striker of we were opting to. In all honesty think left back, defensive mid and even another wide man are of higher priority for me.

All in all, not sure. 

Surely us having 5 strikers is not really your problem is it ? The club's not run by clowns and they wouldn't do anything to jeopardise the club . This guys class and would be an upgrade on Martin , Winnall , Nugent or Bent. 

Who would you sign who is younger? 26 is perfect for a big money signing.

15 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Surely us having 5 strikers is not really your problem is it ? The club's not run by clowns and they wouldn't do anything to jeopardise the club . This guys class and would be an upgrade on Martin , Winnall , Nugent or Bent. 

Who would you sign who is younger? 26 is perfect for a big money signing.

my concern would be the fact we already have 5 strikers, when we have realistically 3 natural DMs who are good enough surely priorities lie elsewhere? 

Not saying he isn’t a good player either, but he isn’t significantly better than what we have in my opinion either. A good championship forward.

As for younger (cheaper also) alternatives... that Devante Cole springs to mind. Good goals record down the middle in lower leagues and only 22. But still, don’t feel striker is a priority so why spend 8 million there.

28 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

my concern would be the fact we already have 5 strikers, when we have realistically 3 natural DMs who are good enough surely priorities lie elsewhere? 

Not saying he isn’t a good player either, but he isn’t significantly better than what we have in my opinion either. A good championship forward.

As for younger (cheaper also) alternatives... that Devante Cole springs to mind. Good goals record down the middle in lower leagues and only 22. But still, don’t feel striker is a priority so why spend 8 million there.

Goals will be the difference for us ! We have a solid back like now ! The beat keeper in the league if we could add another quality option up top it could be the difference between promotion or not. 

Martin doesn't look to be in Rowetts plans , Bents not good enough. That leaves Nugent and Winnall the latter for me is more of an impact player , he's had good games of course but im stil not 100 % on him from the start. 

Devante Cole ? For us ? Sorry but he's not good enough. 

Archived