Callum Guy joined Bradford City on loan

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems we are putting them out there to get a proper look at them , they are at clubs where realistically they should be nailing down first team positions and looking decent ,, 

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Either Rowett is putting his faith in Jamie Hanson or we're very confident of bringing in another midfielder. Good luck, Callum. Expect him to do well. Twelve now out on loan! 

There has to be someone lined up already. Otherwise, you would have trust Thorne to stay fit or Hanson to be able to play Championship football. Don't know which one would more stupid...

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

There has to be someone lined up already. Otherwise, you would have trust Thorne to stay fit or Hanson to be able to play Championship football. Don't know which one would more stupid...

Rowett talked about Hanson in a recent interview and gave him a glowing review saying he thought he had a big future. I and many others thought his Derby career was coming to an end but I wouldn’t count on it just yet 

28 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Rowett talked about Hanson in a recent interview and gave him a glowing review saying he thought he had a big future. I and many others thought his Derby career was coming to an end but I wouldn’t count on it just yet 

Not seen this interview but not sure i’d have renewed Rowett’s contract if I knew he thought Hanson had a glowing future at the club ??. 

46 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Not seen this interview but not sure i’d have renewed Rowett’s contract if I knew he thought Hanson had a glowing future at the club ??. 

It's dangerous to be steadfast in your opinion of a young player. They can improve no end without you ever seeing them make a first team appearance.

3 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

I don't get this at all.  When Hanson has played defensive midfield he's done well in my view.  When played out of position at full back he (understandably) struggled. 

8 hours ago, feisty said:

I don't get this at all.  When Hanson has played defensive midfield he's done well in my view.  When played out of position at full back he (understandably) struggled. 

I'm with you, whenever Hanson has played in midfield he's never let us down and always gives a battling performance, no problem if he plays a game or two alongside Hudd or GT.

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I'm with you, whenever Hanson has played in midfield he's never let us down and always gives a battling performance, no problem if he plays a game or two alongside Hudd or GT.

Was about to say pretty much the same, when Hanson has been in the middle he's done ok, and that was in a different system, if he's there now he will always have one of the experienced guys alongside, Huds, Thorne or Ledley, he is mobile also which seems to be the complaint about Huds and Thorne, also don't forget Baird could cover....... all of that said, I still would hav liked to have seen Guy given a chance for all of the same reasons as above with Hanson!

I was really impressed when Hanson first burst into the team; had better feet than you’d expect from a defensive player. With a run of games a few years younger he looked fairly capable. Since then he’s been a bit of a nomad filling in ad hoc at right back and such. As mentioned, you’d hope in a favoured position with a bit of experience he’d do ok. When I’ve seen him his main weakness is passing accuracy. High stakes this season, but I would still like to bring the youths through wherever possible, as ambitious and naive as that may be.

1 hour ago, Red_ram said:

I was really impressed when Hanson first burst into the team; had better feet than you’d expect from a defensive player. With a run of games a few years younger he looked fairly capable. Since then he’s been a bit of a nomad filling in ad hoc at right back and such. As mentioned, you’d hope in a favoured position with a bit of experience he’d do ok. When I’ve seen him his main weakness is passing accuracy. High stakes this season, but I would still like to bring the youths through wherever possible, as ambitious and naive as that may be.

Agree with this and I was more impressed when he first came into the team than I am now.

Since his injury I've seen him a fair bit for the under 23s and the main thing he is struggling with at the moment is his passing, hence why I currently put Guy ahead of him.

Archived