DIY Advice: Leaky Shower

Ramshankered

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Before you do that if the showers upstairs go in the loft and look down the cavity ,if it's downstairs floorboards up and likewise check the cavity with the pipework / shower unit in it.

Thanks - we do have a loft, so I'll pop up tonight. I don't think there's any piping visible up there, but I'll definitely check. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check it's not the waste leaking by chucking a bucket of water down the plughole.

As long as you can find matching tiles, any hidden leak behind them shouldn't cost too much to sort, if you don't fancy having a crack yourself.

47 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Check the outside edge of the shower screen wall channel has been sealed. Plus the bottom outside edge where it sits on the tray too.

Tbh, I have no idea – I haven't tampered with the screen at all. I'll have a look when I get in and try and get some snaps to share on here. 

1 hour ago, Ramshankered said:

Tbh, I have no idea – I haven't tampered with the screen at all. I'll have a look when I get in and try and get some snaps to share on here. 

Look for signs of water around the floor outside near the tray. Clear silicone the joint between the tray and the floor covering too. Could be excess drips on exiting the shower init.

Archived