Offrande Zanzala joined Accrington on loan

Ninos

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

every pun or joke on this forum is a duplicate anyways.

Don’t think you are paying proper attention , I get the impression these puns are just going past your eyes

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Zanzala going to Crystal Palace this summer. You heard it hear first 

I think you mean...

"Stabana has had a trial at Crystal Palace after being told Derby are releasing him in the Summer".

I think he leave this summer as will 2 or 3 more U23 players.

Thomas and Hanson seem to have the managers eye. Vernam and Elsnik are quality. Beyond that some of those who have had 2 or 3 seasons of u23 football may well move on. 

Zanzala, Stabana and maybe Lowe.

On 27/04/2018 at 13:39, sage said:

Thomas and Hanson seem to have the managers eye. Vernam and Elsnik are quality. Beyond that some of those who have had 2 or 3 seasons of u23 football may well move on. 

yes he'l leave to Crystal Palace, I feel like I've been quite clear on this

On 25/04/2018 at 18:26, whiteroseram said:

Zanzala going to Crystal Palace this summer. You heard it hear first 

Are we assuming lack of ability/potential shown this season is because he wants away then, because he's shown nothing at all to suggest he would attract even championship sides.

On 27/04/2018 at 13:39, sage said:

If at least 1 of these 3 don't make it given the potential they were supposed to have had then our development system is pretty floored. Most ikely at under 23 level as the problem seems to lie in transition from under 18s to anything resembling even a first team squad member.

Think we were better off when we had a proper reserve side, somewhere to let players develop in a better side and against better players.

Also given our facilities and coaches compared to basement leagues you'd think maybe they would be better staying here a bit longer.

34 minutes ago, Rample said:

If at least 1 of these 3 don't make it given the potential they were supposed to have had then our development system is pretty floored. Most ikely at under 23 level as the problem seems to lie in transition from under 18s to anything resembling even a first team squad member.

Depends whose verdict you'll listen.

I'd say only Lowe looked like being able to make a step up (at least at a young age, others might too but later). Unfortunately, looks like his body can't take the demands adult's football...

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Are we assuming lack of ability/potential shown this season is because he wants away then, because he's shown nothing at all to suggest he would attract even championship sides.

Tbf he's still an u23 player and any move would be with that in mind. As such, Crystal Palace is actually a pretty big step down from Derby - despite their first team being premier league. They're one of 3 PL teams who don't have a Cat 1 academy, they play in the PDL. 

They do pretty well in it, mind.

Tbh I've spent this season a little confused with what Derby's current attitude is towards the u23s, hopefully that becomes clearer over the summer and the start of next season, but Zanzala never really got his place in the u23 side back after his injury so I wouldn't be surprised if he moved away.

46 minutes ago, Rample said:

Think we were better off when we had a proper reserve side, somewhere to let players develop in a better side and against better players.

Also given our facilities and coaches compared to basement leagues you'd think maybe they would be better staying here a bit longer.

Also, regarding this. The vast majority of youth players at any club don't make it. That's just how it is. At least, they don't make it in that one-step from youth to first team at a high level.

If each clubs big pool of youths had above a 50% success rate football would be hilariously overpopulated. Even notably successful youth structures (of the past) like Southampton's see 6+ players released for every player who makes the step up.

In the grand scheme I think it is a better system, but its more transparent and we're not used to seeing so much of it. It used to be that we didn't even hear about a player until they were pretty close to breaking into the first team, or already had.

20 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

In the grand scheme I think it is a better system, but its more transparent and we're not used to seeing so much of it. It used to be that we didn't even hear about a player until they were pretty close to breaking into the first team, or already had.

Watched the under 18s a lot when I lived in Derby and the players offered pro terms always surprised me. In any season I could see maybe 5-6 players with potential, yet contracts were only offered to maybe 3. 

One year we had 2 decent centre halves, only one got a contract and I would given it to the one released. Plenty of attacking midfielders and forwards who looked to have a combination of pace/finishing or other things but very few offered anything.

At the end of the day I'm pretty sure only Izale made a career from it, and then not at this level so I guess they must have had their reasons and maybe they were proved right.

4 hours ago, Rample said:

Tbf Crystal Palace have looked at Stabana too, so it's fair to say there standards may be lower than ours academy wise. Even so I agree they must have seen something I didn't this season 

Archived