Birmingham City F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Joe has a chance of being fit for the Birmingham game but we think it’s more likely to be next week,” he told RamsTV.

“We’ve found out this morning (Thursday) that Bradley Johnson’s back injury is slightly worse than we thought, so it might be that he needs an extended period of rest and recovery to get back to being fully fit.

“We’re a body down in that position with him being out and possibly two if Joe doesn’t come back fighting fit.

“You’re always looking to react to those scenarios and make sure we have adequate numbers in any position, so we’re ready and prepared.”

Full story: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/01/rowett-provides-update-on-midfield-duos-fitness

Don't see any reason for Thorne not to be involved, he's fit, 8 days since the last game, Bradley injured, Ledley not back yet.

30 yard screamer in front of the Derby fans, and get him to sign a contract there and then. :wub:

Carson; Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Olsson; Thorne, Huddlestone; Lawrence, Vydra, Weimann; Winnall

Mitchell, Baird, Pearce, Guy, Russell, Martin, Nugent.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I read Rowett's statement as Ledley nearly being there, just not worth the risk at this point. Don't need to panic buy just yet I don't think.

Exactly that. Johnson's injury isn't severe and Huddlestone has been fine.

If anything, a perfect opportunity to get a yoof in, Callum Guy maybe.

I don’t consider Johnson as a CDM and it never works well, whoever he plays along side. That really leaves us 3 for 2 spots. Two not in the first flush of youth. The other prone to a niggle or 2. I would look for a loan in this area if anything is available. We will be seriously hampered later in the season if we are using u23’s or making do with the likes of Johnson or Baird for lengthy periods 

On 09/01/2018 at 15:09, Sparkle said:

On the basis that Birmingham will kick/push and shove us a lot so if all fit.

Carson

wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth 

Thorne ledley 

Russell   Vydra  johnson

Winnall 

Thorne could easily be Huddlestone but we will need to win the battle before we the points 

Lawrence nugent wieman Martin Baird can wait for their time to arrive during the game if needed.

Scratch that then due to injuries      

Carson

wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth    

Huddlestone Thorne 

russell   Vydra    Lawrence 

Winnall 

On 08/01/2018 at 20:13, RiddingsRam said:

Think I'd go 

Carson

Baird    Keogh       Davies   Ollson 

Thorne   Huddlestone 

Lawrence     Vydra       Weimann 

Nugent

Strongest current line up for me.

On 08/01/2018 at 21:56, Carl Sagan said:

Reckon you've nailed the starting 11. After the U23 match against Sunderland I was thinking there's no way Mitchell can be on the bench for this, but I've just read the FIFA rules and don't believe Kelle Roos can come in because he's already played for Port Vale and Plymouth this season (and you can't play for three clubs).

Will Johnson and Ledley be considered fit? Unless there are a few departures between now and then, it's a congested bench if so. Subs to be: Mitchell Wisdom Ledley Johnson Russell Winnall Martin

That would mean no place for Pearce, Fozzy, Bennett, Hanson. Shackell, Anya and Bent were all in U23 action, presumably playing for a move away.

It would be lovely for Rowett to win at Brum and it would be brilliant for us to return to winning ways, at the very least maintaining the gap to the chasing pack (how good does that sound?).

Come on you Rams!

Presuming we take that at face value and Rowett isn't playing mind games Riddings still nails the starting 11 and the bench will be: Mitchell Wisdom Russell Winnall Martin Hanson Forsyth

Harsh on Pearce, but both Wisdom and Fozzy can cover CB in an emergency, and this lets us bring Wisdom on and push Baird into midfield if we need that option. Hanson gives the extra midfield legs if required and Fozzy provides left-sided cover.

1 hour ago, muzzamurray said:

Anyone been into the irish club in brum before? where my lot are heading? anyone else gonna pop in on the way to the ground? would love to go somewhere besides the shakespeare and get some atmosphere

You will be sound in the spotted dog in Digbeth too and the old crown 

11 hours ago, David said:

“Joe has a chance of being fit for the Birmingham game but we think it’s more likely to be next week,” he told RamsTV.

“We’ve found out this morning (Thursday) that Bradley Johnson’s back injury is slightly worse than we thought, so it might be that he needs an extended period of rest and recovery to get back to being fully fit.

“We’re a body down in that position with him being out and possibly two if Joe doesn’t come back fighting fit.

“You’re always looking to react to those scenarios and make sure we have adequate numbers in any position, so we’re ready and prepared.”

Full story: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/01/rowett-provides-update-on-midfield-duos-fitness

Shows how short we are in midfield ... Two midfielders injured so only two left and they are both defensive midfielders. 

Archived